Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

DRC Lights

Go down 
+3
mcdoudlehopper
Biglake
jkroes
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jkroes

jkroes

DRC Lights Empty
PostSubject: DRC Lights   DRC Lights EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 8:42 pm

Hey Guys,

Sorry for beating a dead horse with this topic but wanted to gain some insights before I made a commitment.

Like most riders, I want to get rid of that hideous stock taillight assembly on the bike and upgrade to the DRC products.

My questions are,

Has anybody only upgraded the taillight and left the stock turn signals? Will the stock turn signals attach to the new DRC assembly?

If I do decide to upgrade the taillight and turn signals how difficult is the electrical when installing? I have very little electrical experience so is there a "plug and play" connector that can be bought for both the taillight and turn signals to make it easier?

Thanks a bunch everyone!
Back to top Go down
Biglake

DRC Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC Lights   DRC Lights EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 5:53 pm

You can shorten and use the stock signals, after you get them off the bike one nut holds on the rubber mount, once you remove it they mount just like the drc signals.

You will have to do some wiring, the light doesn't just plug in.
Its very simple tho, I twisted, soldiered and heat shrank the wires on mine so mud and water couldn't get in there.
I did this on the tail light side of the stock plugs so I can still unplug the lights if I need to remove them.

One more thing I wish I did when I put my drc light on is seal it up with silicone. Mine burned out in a few months from getting wet as its unsealed as delivered.

I run a tusk tail light with the stock shortened signals now, theres pics of it on here somewhere, it cost 1/2 as much and keeps the plate and light much cleaner then the drc light which let the tire spray the light non stop with mud or water.

Last edited by Biglake on Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

DRC Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC Lights   DRC Lights EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 6:19 pm

Look up my wale tail mod post. This was the first tail light mod I did. Modded it three times now! woohoo
Back to top Go down
Dirt History

DRC Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC Lights   DRC Lights EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 1:04 pm

I did the DRC edge 2 with new signals also upgraded the taillight board from 12 o'clock labs it's brighter and has turn signal options as well to flash along with your signal. You can get the Oem plugs to go with this set up also got a flash mod to keep the signals flashing at the same speed. When you upgrade to Led its speeds up the flash pattern all these are available at SRMoto.com shipping is quick also I love the set up
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

DRC Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC Lights   DRC Lights EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 2:20 pm

Dirt History wrote:
I did the DRC edge 2 with new signals also upgraded the taillight board from 12 o'clock labs it's brighter and has turn signal options as well to flash along with your signal. You can get the Oem plugs to go with this set up also got a flash mod to keep the signals flashing at the same speed. When you upgrade to Led its speeds up the flash pattern all these are available at SRMoto.com shipping is quick also  I love the set up

Same here...I bought my stuff directly from 12oClockLabs all with proper plug and play OEM connectors and their upgrade board pre-installed (they include the original in the box) which made it really easy to install. No cutting wires, no guessing, no headache....

Here's a list of what I have for lights on my X:
DRC Type 602 Turn Signals
DRC Edge2 Taillight
12oClockLabs Edge Upgrade Board
12oClockLabs Fixed Rate Turn Signal Flasher
12oClockLabs Turn Signal Running Light Adapters

At the same time, I also bought their:
12oClockLabs Speedo DRD
12oClockLabs EXUP Servo Emulator

Link: 12oClockLabs
Back to top Go down
jkroes

jkroes

DRC Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC Lights   DRC Lights EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 8:20 pm

So I installed my DRC taillight this afternoon and it turned out really well. I bought it from 12oClockLabs with the OEM connector as well and it made for a super easy plug and play install. Currently keeping the stock turn signals but that may change.

DRC Lights IMG_2919_zpsijwsklzf

DRC Lights IMG_2920_zpsiztskasj
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

DRC Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC Lights   DRC Lights EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 8:22 pm

Congrats on a tidy tail light.
Did you also get their upgrade board at the same time?
Back to top Go down
jkroes

jkroes

DRC Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC Lights   DRC Lights EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 8:26 pm

No I didn't, I figured if I was keeping turn signals I didn't really need it? Or am I wrong? It allows the taillight to essentially become your turn signal right?
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

DRC Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC Lights   DRC Lights EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 8:46 pm

Yes it can act as your turn signals if you want it to. I have separate turn signals installed (DRC 602's) due to local laws requiring separate signals.
The reason I got the upgrade board was because it flashes a couple times when you first hit the brake making it more noticeable and it's also brighter with it's upgraded LEDs.
If you want, you can still buy it later on if/when you want to change just the board.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

DRC Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC Lights   DRC Lights EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 10:13 pm

Evol wrote:
I have separate turn signals installed (DRC 602's) due to local laws requiring separate signals.

How do you find this info? I have integrated signals but not sure if m legal or not dunno
Back to top Go down
jkroes

jkroes

DRC Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC Lights   DRC Lights EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 4:38 am

Evol wrote:
Yes it can act as your turn signals if you want it to. I have separate turn signals installed (DRC 602's) due to local laws requiring separate signals.
The reason I got the upgrade board was because it flashes a couple times when you first hit the brake making it more noticeable and it's also brighter with it's upgraded LEDs.
If you want, you can still buy it later on if/when you want to change just the board.

Ahh I didn't know it did that as well or I would have gotten it... baldy
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

DRC Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC Lights   DRC Lights EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 7:47 am

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
Evol wrote:
I have separate turn signals installed (DRC 602's) due to local laws requiring separate signals.

How do you find this info? I have integrated signals but not sure if m legal or not dunno

I looked at the provincial laws for motorcycles on the government website (I'm in Canada).
I would assume your state would have the same...?!?!?! You could ask a police officer, but that might open up a can of worms for you...
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

DRC Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC Lights   DRC Lights EmptyTue Mar 22, 2016 9:54 pm

Our city ordinance allows us to operate any atv, dirtbike, etc on city streets when obeying traffic laws and using hand signals but if I was pulled over one the highway by the state police it may be a different story. Often worried about getting rear-ended but I usually am checking my mirrors when at a stop sign. Will try to look up info on this and find out. Ended up using this light.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smoke-LED-Motorcycle-Turn-Signal-Brake-License-Plate-Integrated-Tail-Light-12V-/201410236661?hash=item2ee4fc50f5:g:fOcAAOSwHnFV346P&vxp=mtr
Back to top Go down
Banky

Banky

DRC Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC Lights   DRC Lights EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 8:35 am

I like the DRC products BUT have had my right hand (zeta bar blinker) led blinker loose half the leds, and my DRC tail light has lost 2 of 4 of the leds also.... had them on the bike 2 weeks. But hey, whatevs, SRracer (solomoto.com) is sending me new units so its fine.
Back to top Go down
jkroes

jkroes

DRC Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC Lights   DRC Lights EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 5:08 pm

Banky wrote:
I like the DRC products BUT have had my right hand (zeta bar blinker) led blinker loose half the leds, and my DRC tail light has lost 2 of 4 of the leds also.... had them on the bike 2 weeks. But hey, whatevs, SRracer (solomoto.com) is sending me new units so its fine.

When you say loose the leds do you mean they burnt out? I've heard the DRC light needs to be sealed with some silicone or water will get inside and corrode the board..
Back to top Go down
Shakes

DRC Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC Lights   DRC Lights EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 3:29 am

How does the DRC with board upgrade handle serious mud and weathering?

Little hesitant to drop that much coin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DRC Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC Lights   DRC Lights Empty

Back to top Go down

DRC Lights
Page 1 of 1