Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Flapper valve mod - it really works

Go down 
AuthorMessage
66T

66T

Flapper valve mod - it really works Empty
PostSubject: Flapper valve mod - it really works   Flapper valve mod - it really works EmptyWed Mar 30, 2016 6:20 am

OK. This subject has been done to death - except for any before/after real-world results I've been able to find.

After 25k and 1300 engine hours, I got sick of the motor bogging in top (13/48) up a slight grade or into a head wind.

Apart from AIS junked and breather to atmosphere, my motor is stock. Upon plugging the vacuum ilne to the flapper actuator diaphragm, this is what found.

First, the motor doesn't bog in top when I crank on the throttle. It's no fire-breather, but it now keeps on trying. Second, throttle response in the lower gears is better ie it will spin up and go. Third, the bike is harsher to ride in the vibe department. But it's a 250, how bad can that be?

For the doubters, I ride this bike every day for up to 10 engine hours per day when at work, all either cross-country or dirt roads/tracks. I'm totally familiar with its responses to the unkind environment it operates in. It is different to ride now. Not astoundingly better, but it is better.
Back to top Go down

Flapper valve mod - it really works
Page 1 of 1