Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Best chain lube?

Go down 
+4
CRFan1
sturgeon
Fiftygrit
wwguy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Von551

Best chain lube?  Empty
PostSubject: Best chain lube?    Best chain lube?  EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 7:12 pm

I use maxima but it's real messy. O-ring chains just need to keep the rings from drying out right? Is there a really light and recommended lube for o-ring chains?
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

Best chain lube?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best chain lube?    Best chain lube?  EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 11:49 am

I use Maxima Chain Wax in the spray can and don't find it messy. I just place a piece of newspaper or cardboard on the ground under the chain and spray the lube on the lower run of chain as the wheel rotates. I also like how it doesn't fling when riding. I can't imagine an exterior chain lube that would be less messy to apply and/or that would fling less.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Best chain lube?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best chain lube?    Best chain lube?  EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 12:48 pm

Ya I second the wax type, harder to find up here, on line shopping.
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

Best chain lube?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best chain lube?    Best chain lube?  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 11:18 am

90W gear oil or ATF.
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

Best chain lube?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best chain lube?    Best chain lube?  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 11:33 am

WD40 works great.....lately I have been using this stuff called Fluid Film which is a lanolin based lube/corrosion protector.  It is not super cheap (you can get it on amazon) but the reviews speak for themselves and I find it to be an outstanding chain lube!  Plus it prevents corrosion on the chain very well. thumb Also I use it all over the house and cars, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Fluid-Film-Spray-AEROSOL-CAN/dp/B001OKBFBS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1465831959&sr=8-2&keywords=Fluid+Film
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Best chain lube?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best chain lube?    Best chain lube?  EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 3:35 pm

At home I use 90W gear oil.

When I am riding I typically use the Dupont Chain Saver formula that you can pickup at Walmart.

Not sure if these are the best but they have worked well for me.
Back to top Go down
Von551

Best chain lube?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best chain lube?    Best chain lube?  EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 1:38 pm

So I have been using Bel-Ray's Super Clean Chain Lube and love it! It goes on white and stays like that, looks like white lithium. It actually dries and doesn't stay tacky, so not fling mess. Cleans easily, this is the stuff to get if you don't want a mess all over your bike!
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

Best chain lube?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best chain lube?    Best chain lube?  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 4:13 am

I've been trying Rock Oil chain lube for about 4000km, all offroad. Some mud, mostly just damp or dust. Seems to be pretty good at keeping the o-rings (or whatever, O,W,X...) lubed over several days. Goes everywhere when it's sprayed on unless you can keep the pressure down by pressing the button as little as possible.
Back to top Go down
ezrdr55

ezrdr55

Best chain lube?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best chain lube?    Best chain lube?  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 10:47 am

Von551 wrote:
So I have been using Bel-Ray's Super Clean Chain Lube and love it! It goes on white and stays like that, looks like white lithium. It actually dries and doesn't stay tacky, so not fling mess. Cleans easily, this is the stuff to get if you don't want a mess all over your bike!

Another vote for Super Clean. I've gone through two cans of the stuff and will probably stick with it. Doesn't collect sand or dirty grit like the wax stuff.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Best chain lube?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best chain lube?    Best chain lube?  EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 6:34 pm

ezrdr55 wrote:
Von551 wrote:

Another vote for Super Clean.  I've gone through two cans of the stuff and will probably stick with it.  Doesn't collect sand or dirty grit like the wax stuff.

Sounds like that stuff is white lithium spray grease. Should work well for the chain.

May want to try and hit the auto parts stores for white lithium spray grease and check the price.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best chain lube?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best chain lube?    Best chain lube?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Best chain lube?
Page 1 of 1