Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Auxiliary Gas Tank

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheCanuck

Auxiliary Gas Tank  Empty
PostSubject: Auxiliary Gas Tank    Auxiliary Gas Tank  EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 4:24 pm

I had two of the IMS 4.7 Gallon Tanks and both leaked from the Fuel bungs in the wings

IMS was very helpful and easy to deal with but in the end I decided to go with a Safari 3.7 Gallon Tank.
Still not satisfied with the range, I searched the Internet and discovered Camel Adventure Tanks

The tank is very well designed and works great.  It is slim and light and holds an extra 6 Liters or 1.6 Gallons of fuel that feeds into the main tank through the vacuum line.  The Aux tank always empties first and so you don't even notice the weight at all.

Just something to add to the Leaking IMS tank posts.  Once the Bungs start leaking i do not believe they can be fixed anymore.  My leak occurred not between the brass threads but between the bung and the plastic.
Auxiliary Gas Tank  20160721
Auxiliary Gas Tank  20160720
Auxiliary Gas Tank  20160719
Auxiliary Gas Tank  20160717
Auxiliary Gas Tank  20160718
Auxiliary Gas Tank  20160716
Back to top Go down
brokeagain

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary Gas Tank    Auxiliary Gas Tank  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Nice. From what I can tell those aren't for sale yet, how'd you get your paws on one? Will the left side dirtbagz rack fit over it for some protection?
Back to top Go down
TheCanuck

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary Gas Tank    Auxiliary Gas Tank  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 12:32 pm

I contacted them over a year ago and asked them to develop the tank for the wr250r. Currently doing the final product testing for them.

The dirt racks do fit over it with a bit of spacing at the mounts. http://dirtracks.com/Yamaha-WR250R-X-heavy-duty-side-racks-for-soft-luggage-0062.htm

I modified my tusk rack to fit over it.
Back to top Go down
TheCanuck

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary Gas Tank    Auxiliary Gas Tank  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 12:36 pm

Auxiliary Gas Tank  20160722
[
Back to top Go down
brokeagain

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary Gas Tank    Auxiliary Gas Tank  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 12:44 pm

Nice, good to know.

I emailed them a few days ago and haven't heard back, do you have an idea on the ETA when they'll be releasing these into the wild? Their blog mentioned some development concerning incompatibility with the DRC taillight bracket.
Back to top Go down
TheCanuck

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary Gas Tank    Auxiliary Gas Tank  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 12:49 pm

I'm not sure when the official release date is.

And yes one of the three current tank mounts uses the stock tail light bracket as a mounting location.

Cory is a perfectionist and will make sure the finial product is exceptional in fit and finish and function.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auxiliary Gas Tank    Auxiliary Gas Tank  Empty

Back to top Go down

Auxiliary Gas Tank
Page 1 of 1