Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New WRR Owner, question about Fuel Management

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mxcannondale

New WRR Owner, question about Fuel Management Empty
PostSubject: New WRR Owner, question about Fuel Management   New WRR Owner, question about Fuel Management EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 8:49 pm

Hello all, relatively new 2016 WRR owner here, also first post. I have been doing quite a bit of reading about the FMF fuel mapper, and PCV also. I'm interested in adding a programmer, while keeping the stock exhaust (for now). I'm really looking to remove the stutter that the bike has stock whenever you open the throttle quickly. It makes it much harder to loft the front wheel, and it's always there it seems, at almost any rpm, however it's worse at lower rpm's. It acts like a carbed bike with too large of a leak jet, almost as if it's not getting enough fuel. I'd assume this is due to the conservative stock fueling. My question is, after some reading it seems the PCV has an accelerator pump feature. Do I need to get the PCV to get what I really want, also with the idea that i'll be adding an exhaust later, or should the FMF do the job? From reading I feel like the FMF is just the cheaper option, and might be less capable, but i'd like some other opinions.

The idea of having more knobs to turn, as far as fuel injection goes does not scare me at all. I've previously owned/raced a Cannondale MX quad and done many hours of FI/ignition tuning with those bikes.

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: New WRR Owner, question about Fuel Management   New WRR Owner, question about Fuel Management EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 3:24 am

Adjust the follwing first, this did it for me:

Throttle cable free play set to almost no slop.
TPS adjustement
Change the CO number in the display.

Thers guides inhere for everything :)
Back to top Go down
Mxcannondale

PostSubject: Re: New WRR Owner, question about Fuel Management   New WRR Owner, question about Fuel Management EmptySun Aug 28, 2016 9:03 pm

What do you mean the CO number in the display? I'm not interested in adjusting the throttle cable, as that's not my issue. I'll look into adjusting the TPS. My friend also has a 2016 just like mine, actually both were bought within 4 days of each other, and both have the same issue.
Back to top Go down
csmart

csmart

PostSubject: Re: New WRR Owner, question about Fuel Management   New WRR Owner, question about Fuel Management EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 8:04 am

I noticed a decent benefit just by unhooking the air box flapper, I left everything as stock just unhooked the linkage from the door. I got rid of most of that dead spot and jerky off idle, still not as good as a programmer.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: New WRR Owner, question about Fuel Management   New WRR Owner, question about Fuel Management EmptyMon Aug 29, 2016 11:31 am

Too loose a throttlecable wont be your main problem, but it can contribute.
If thats not the cse, just move on to the next thing.

As I said, guides are all over the forum. Heres a quick youtubevideo.
As far as I recall, theres a black wire that needs to be earthed in some countries, mine didnt.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New WRR Owner, question about Fuel Management   New WRR Owner, question about Fuel Management Empty

Back to top Go down

New WRR Owner, question about Fuel Management
Page 1 of 1