Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

5th gear wheelie - this guy can

Go down 
+4
Tammy
boogn1sh
awen
motokid
8 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

5th gear wheelie - this guy can Empty
PostSubject: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 7:44 am

clickity

5th gear wheelie - this guy can 525406 5th gear wheelie - this guy can 640571 5th gear wheelie - this guy can 61865

I have so much to learn. 5th gear wheelie - this guy can 9356

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
awen

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 1:04 pm

not bad when you see when my friend wheelie 6 gear 5th gear wheelie - this guy can 93746
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 5:16 pm

He is not standing on the regular pegs. Looks like he has some mounted to the rear.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 6:08 pm

Get on the pas, pegs and pull it up like he did and yes we all can ride one if you can ride one powering it up in first..
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 6:47 pm

boogn1sh wrote:
He is not standing on the regular pegs. Looks like he has some mounted to the rear.

They are called "passenger pegs" 5th gear wheelie - this guy can 53647

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
velvetcows

velvetcows

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 11:41 pm

I'm the new guy on here and I'm diggin up old topics. I do NOT have passenger pegs and with my gearing this is more like a stock 5th gear.

12/43 sprockets, AIS and flapper removed, No Toil air filter kit, resistor in line on the air density (temp.) sensor for more fuel, pwrcore4 slip on.

Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:11 am

Awh sea level...... Come try that out here a mile up in the air with a loss of 25-30% power. I can clutch it up in 3rd no problem. 4th gear takes some work and almost full throttle. We're supposed to get a lil heat wave of low 50s soon. I'll give 5th gear a shot.
Back to top Go down
BWA

BWA

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:20 am

Matty wrote:
Awh sea level...... Come try that out here a mile up in the air with a loss of 25-30% power. I can clutch it up in 3rd no problem. 4th gear takes some work and almost full throttle. We're supposed to get a lil heat wave of low 50s soon. I'll give 5th gear a shot.

With the increase in temp, you'll loose even more power! But I guess that can be your another excuse lol!
Back to top Go down
velvetcows

velvetcows

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:20 am

yes sea level = more power it also = some muther focking boring roads and trails. Sleep

you know, if you can get 5th gear wheelies down.... or rather UP, go for 6!!

I think BWA is stalking me Suspect
Back to top Go down
BWA

BWA

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:02 am

velvetcows wrote:
yes sea level = more power it also = some muther focking boring roads and trails. Sleep

you know, if you can get 5th gear wheelies down.... or rather UP, go for 6!!

I think BWA is stalking me Suspect

I'm stalking new posts, and you just happen to be causing most of them lol!
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 11:04 am

velvetcows wrote:

you're on the wrong Coast.... Ya Colorado has some great roads out here. But I had shit load of fun on the twisty roads when i lived at sea level out on the West Coast.

As for loss of power... i rode in Los Angeles for about 8 years, moved up to Colorado, and my Litre bike felt like a 750. I really wish i had a chance to get the lil 250 to sea level and see how much more fun it actually is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:58 pm

Matty wrote:
velvetcows wrote:

you're on the wrong Coast.... Ya Colorado has some great roads out here. But I had shit load of fun on the twisty roads when i lived at sea level out on the West Coast.

As for loss of power... i rode in Los Angeles for about 8 years, moved up to Colorado, and my Litre bike felt like a 750. I really wish i had a chance to get the lil 250 to sea level and see how much more fun it actually is.

Your both idiot's! poser2 EFI is why! My wr250x doesn't skip a beat from below sea level to 9,870ft. Need proof? Death Valley to Mammoth Mountain... Or Laguna Beach to Big Bear or Mt Baldy.....

I've taken many different types of bikes (RC51, R6, R1, KTM sumo690, wr250x, rm125, cr450) from sea level to mountains and back....

California has the best of everything.

Delaware huh? Your definitely on the wrong coast. So, whatcha gonna do when the grid goes down?

Colorado huh? Um... well I love Vail...and a Rack of Lamb!
Back to top Go down
stumo

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 2:22 pm

Surfer-X wrote:
Matty wrote:
velvetcows wrote:

Your both idiot's! poser2 EFI is why! My wr250x doesn't skip a beat from below sea level to 9,870ft. Need proof? Death Valley to Mammoth Mountain... Or Laguna Beach to Big Bear or Mt Baldy.....

I've taken many different types of bikes (RC51, R6, R1, KTM sumo690, wr250x, rm125, cr450) from sea level to mountains and back....

It doesn't matter if it's a carb or EFI, you'll still lose power at altitude.......

It's just that the EFI will still be having good AFR's (or should have) whereas the carb will be out and will need re-jetting....
Back to top Go down
velvetcows

velvetcows

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 2:33 pm

Surfer-X wrote:

Surely 25-30% is an accurate #

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 3:04 pm

velvetcows wrote:
Surfer-X wrote:

Surely 25-30% is an accurate #

30% power loss huh?....

Looks like Delaware's "Iron HIll" is your highest peak at a whopping 331ft. poser2 poser2

As opposed to California's Mt. Whitney, at 14,452 ft. bow bow

Do you speak from local experience?

"Stumo"--- Maybe you lose power because your quite portly for a WR250R.... Rider weight is supposed to be around 180lbs max! poser2 poser2 poser2
Back to top Go down
stumo

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 3:13 pm

"surfer-x", damn, i'm 181lb nekkid!

power loss....

hp loss = (elevation x 0.03 x hp @ sea level)/1000
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:08 pm

stumo wrote:

power loss....

hp loss = (elevation x 0.03 x hp @ sea level)/1000

thumb
Back to top Go down
velvetcows

velvetcows

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:11 pm

Wait wait wait, Delaware has a hill?? scratch

I still say 25-30% is a high ballpark figure. Then again, I don't know what your altitude actually is or what it goes up to. I was guessing your at 5-7k feet. Whats the hp # for the 250, is it 25, 27??? I don't remember. My last post was sarcastic, my bad, not tryin to flame anyone.

BTW, max weight for my X of operator, passenger, cargo and accessories is 185 kg (408 lb).

Back on topic. Matty, you try 5th gear or has the heat wave not hit?
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 10:22 am

velvetcows wrote:

Back on topic. Matty, you try 5th gear or has the heat wave not hit?

It's supposed to get into the 60s today, ya i'll be out on the bike. I'll give it a whirl.... Not doubting i can get the front wheel up. Just don't think i can get it anywhere near the balance point. Air is thin up here my brotha. I usually ride between 6K - 12K feet above Sea Level. We do have a fun ass road that goes above 14K. I guess it's the highest road in North America.

5th gear wheelie - this guy can Altitude-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 1:24 pm

"Iron Hill," I had to look it up! Sounds like an old landfill. puke

deal (408lbs) So says Owners Manual. Try it fully loaded to 400lbs.

Rode with a passenger once (totaling 300lbs), and it sucks. Solo rider bike for sure...

Besides, you wanna tour- get a KTM or Honda 600R..... Our bike is for rippin' and tearin' Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5th gear wheelie - this guy can   5th gear wheelie - this guy can Empty

Back to top Go down

5th gear wheelie - this guy can
Page 1 of 1