Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Looking at a couple WRR's for sale advice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GerGa

Looking at a couple WRR's for sale advice Empty
PostSubject: Looking at a couple WRR's for sale advice   Looking at a couple WRR's for sale advice EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 8:09 pm

Hey guys I am looking for advice on buying a couple WR250R's.  My DR650 was my first bike, got the beginning of 2016, I am doing way more trail riding than I thought and it is way too heavy and sloppy on the trails and hard to pick up.  I think the WRR will be a lot better on the trail and also take me on the long road rides.

I am looking at a couple WR250R's:
One is a 16' almost brand new, mint with under 400 miles stock with Cycra hand guards.  $5500  The seller bought it and expected more power so unloading it.  He is the second owner actually, so I guess the previous owner thought the same thing.  He has a transferable 4 year warranty on it as well.

The second is a 14' the guy bought as a leftover and only put on 1400miles.  $5k
First oil change was last fall at the first service he said, guessing around 1,000 miles. He wasn't sure, (so wasn't really watching closely I guess) and I think that is longer than Yamaha's first oil change recommendation.

Many addon's and all stock parts taken off too:
All the usual airbox uncork/exup delete
FMF programmer
Megabomb header/powercore muffler
46T sprocket
zeta handguards/protaper bars/ODI Emig V2 lock on grips
Flatland racing skidplate
Dunlop 606 knobbie tires
12oClock Labs Speedometer Calibrator

Overall the second bike seems like a pretty good deal with all the upgrades.  He rode like %40 off road, the cases have a few scratches that look normal for having done some offroading.  The full FMF exhaust is ~750 and knobbies could be used now for local trails now since it's too cold for road rides, but after winter I'd switch tires for more on road, and in all honesty I might take the exhaust off since I prefer to be quiet.  The bars could be personal preference if I don't like the bend.  I'd for sure want the skidplate, handguards, and would definitely want to uncork either bike.

For some reason I still lean towards the 2016 although 2 owners, I like that it's clean and feel I would like to feel the power stock then the power difference of upgrades.  I like a vehicle unmolested by others :)  Maybe just oversensitive since I'd dirty and drop them both etc.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Red Knight

Red Knight

PostSubject: Re: Looking at a couple WRR's for sale advice   Looking at a couple WRR's for sale advice EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 11:01 pm

Talk to the owners and ride the bikes. If they are equal in running condition, i would go for the older bike with common mods.. You know you will do them anyway. The mileage is NIL - save yourself a few bucks and get upgrades, and the first scratch is done. 1400 miles is a long weekend, So both bikes are essentially new.

Back to top Go down
Diamond K

Diamond K

PostSubject: Re: Looking at a couple WRR's for sale advice   Looking at a couple WRR's for sale advice EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 11:05 pm

Can't go wrong with either bike but I would spend the extra 500.00 to have a newer bike with extended warranty. Some of the add on's on the 2014 might not be something you actually need or want. Put a Flatland skid plate on the 2016, get the lid off of the breather box to will get more power and enjoy it. Stock tires should have a lot of miles left in them too.
Back to top Go down
kellow

PostSubject: Re: Looking at a couple WRR's for sale advice   Looking at a couple WRR's for sale advice EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 12:37 am

I'd go with the 2016 one just because it's fun to work on it yourself. It is also an opportunity for you to get more familiar with the bike
and you'd get to choose the mods you want and how you want them. even though it will cost you more.
Back to top Go down
GerGa

PostSubject: Re: Looking at a couple WRR's for sale advice   Looking at a couple WRR's for sale advice EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 5:33 pm

Hey so soon after this thread I came to my senses and bought the modded WRR.  The owner was an honest guy so it was an easy decision, especially at 1400 miles and all stock parts.  Don't think I'd find a better deal.  I really love the bike and the only things I'm replacing are the Powercore silencer with a Q4 to quiet it down, swapping the lock on grips with Protaper pillowtops, and changing the integrated signal handguards with a pair of Cycra's that I had on hand.  Already added a Force radiator guard and bought a Throttle Tamer.  
Only ridden a little bit and this thing is fun!  It's exactly what I want out of a bike.
Here's a picture of it on my trailer.  Camera not great but it was peak foliage in Vermont.  By the way I borrowed the trailer, but DO NOT buy one with the gate that stands straight up; it's a big sail behind the car! It's probably still noticeable behind a truck too.
Looking at a couple WRR's for sale advice SeunIyi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking at a couple WRR's for sale advice   Looking at a couple WRR's for sale advice Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking at a couple WRR's for sale advice
Page 1 of 1