Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

From New to Vision

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Teufel

From New to Vision Empty
PostSubject: From New to Vision   From New to Vision EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 9:33 am

Well Friday I picked up a brand new 2017 WR250R. It had 0 miles on the clock when I rode out of the parking lot of the dealership and over the weekend I put almost 100 miles on it. I wanted to post pictures of it but at the same time I want to keep track of how it transforms into my commuter bike. It has been almost 7 years since the last time I was on a motorcycle so for the first couple months I am just going to ride it stock and get back into the swing of things.

Here it is on Friday when I brought it home.
From New to Vision 20161010

Over the weekend went out and just rode around town and starting to look outside of town to find a place to get it dirty.

First thing first is I gotta get a more comfortable seat.
Back to top Go down
JS5Owner

From New to Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: From New to Vision   From New to Vision EmptyWed Nov 02, 2016 4:30 pm

Teufel wrote:
Well Friday I picked up a brand new 2017 WR250R. It had 0 miles on the clock when I rode out of the parking lot of the dealership and over the weekend I put almost 100 miles on it. I wanted to post pictures of it but at the same time I want to keep track of how it transforms into my commuter bike. It has been almost 7 years since the last time I was on a motorcycle so for the first couple months I am just going to ride it stock and get back into the swing of things.

Over the weekend went out and just rode around town and starting to look outside of town to find a place to get it dirty.

Very wise idea to just ride and get back into the swing of things.  May you have a safe re-entry to riding!  Congrats on a great bike!
Back to top Go down
Elm

From New to Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: From New to Vision   From New to Vision EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 3:56 am

Teufel wrote:

Agreed. Seat Concepts. Trust me, you won't look back.
Back to top Go down
Teufel

From New to Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: From New to Vision   From New to Vision EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 2:24 pm

Elm wrote:
Teufel wrote:

Agreed. Seat Concepts. Trust me, you won't look back.

Yep exactly what I have on the list. That and the tail tidy kit from DRC.

JS5Owner wrote:

Very wise idea to just ride and get back into the swing of things.  May you have a safe re-entry to riding!  Congrats on a great bike!

Thanks. I have been steady clocking miles on it. Haven't had it for a week and just passed 250 miles. Last bike was an 07' GSXR 750 that I took a nasty high side at Thunderhill speedway in Cali. Been riding motorcycles since I was 13 in one form or another, but decided I need to re-acquire my skills. Not much in this area for trail riding and I was really looking for a inner city commuter bike. I was looking for an out of the box supermoto but just wasn't impressed with the DRZ-SM. My check list was must be fuel injected ( I tinker with old bikes 69-78 so I know how to jet a carb but just don't want to with a commuter ), low maintenance, and the most important fun. The WRR checked all those for me.
Granted I gotta dump about $1200 into for the sumo conversion but like I said I am going to ride it stock for the remaining portion of the riding season here and will start the sumo conversion next riding season. I will almost be time to replace the tires at that point anyways :)
Back to top Go down
Teufel

From New to Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: From New to Vision   From New to Vision EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 5:16 pm

Well just hit 1300 miles on it mainly just commuting back and forth to work. I have removed the stock mirrors and front blinkers, installed zeta handguards with integrated blinkers along with some powermadd mirrors. Seat still needs to be replaced with a seat concepts seat, but think I will do the DRC integrated tail light kit first.
From New to Vision Wr25010
Back to top Go down
Yamabro57

Yamabro57

From New to Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: From New to Vision   From New to Vision EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 12:45 pm

Nice! Have you been riding any differently then normal to break it in?
Just installed the drc edge 2 lights on mine, looks 100% better.

Back to top Go down
Teufel

From New to Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: From New to Vision   From New to Vision EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 1:28 pm

No I did a hard break in. Changed the oil and filter at 50 miles, 150 miles, 300 miles, and the designated 600 mile mark. Ride it like I stole it everyday. I do let it warm up before I take off on it, that's about the only pampering it gets. Check and adjust the chain every 300 miles.

I may end up converting this to a sumo and picking up a beta as a dedicated trail/woods bike.
Back to top Go down
Teufel

From New to Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: From New to Vision   From New to Vision EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Well sumo kit is on, swapped to protaper contour bars, pillow top grips, zeta throttle tube.  Made some homemade axle sliders out of skateboard wheels. DRC Edge 2 integrated tail light. Still need to do the exhaust swap and programmer. After that will be switching to all white plastics with factory blue graphics package.

From New to Vision <a href=From New to Vision 77819510" />
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

From New to Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: From New to Vision   From New to Vision Empty

Back to top Go down

From New to Vision
Page 1 of 1