Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Northern europe to greece

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rapete

rapete

Northern europe to greece  Empty
PostSubject: Northern europe to greece    Northern europe to greece  EmptyWed Nov 02, 2016 7:04 pm

I had swopped one of my bikes for a WRR250 build 2013 two years ago but had it hardly ridden so far.

That goes for all my bikes but this year I decided to get back what I loved most when I was 18 - go out riding.
Having completed a trip to the ManxTT to the Isle of Man with some friends felt just great and was the ignition for more to follow.

I did go on a enduro trip last year in some remote place in the northern parts of greece but the company I had been with closed down. Anyhoo - I had become friends with the owner and his son and I decided in a pub session to go there on my own bike. So this would be more a trip thing whereas last year I flew to greece and rent a bike.

As mentioned before - the bike was like new thus I ordered a few parts for off road use. Flatland skid plate, hand guards and I had almost forgotten to check with the rego. Has to be renewed every two years over here. I was over due since last november but a friendly commisioner plated me without asking..

So I started off from hamburg on a friday night by night train to munich. this way you avoid endless motorway action. Arrived the next morning in the southern parts of germany and started straight off crossing the Alps in order to catch up with the ferry to northen greece - Igoumenitsa.
Northern europe to greece  20161011
Northern europe to greece  20161010

Had a slot of 10 hours. Having been to the southern Alps several times I knew roughly which route I´d go for fun reasons. Had to stop almost every hour to fill up petrol - kinda annoying. Will be one of my next updates, safari or IMS tank. Forgot completely to take pics as I was in a rush. Super moto paradies as well as enduro but somewhat restricted due to emissions etc.

Arrived at the ferry in time and had to recognize I am the only one on a bike. Mainly truckies and some travellers. Very relaxed athmosphere. The ferry went all along the italian shore only to cross the Adria at the narrow passage towards Albania. Spectacular views while passing the gate between Albania and Korfu - greece.
Northern europe to greece  20161013
Northern europe to greece  20161012

Arrived the port of Igoumenitsa after 25 hours at brightest sun shine and immediatelly took off on gravel road to Ioannina - capital of the epirus - north western greece.
Northern europe to greece  20161014

This part of greece is mainly influenced by the islamic history and you can see, feel and eat it everywhere. So this might not be everyones favour but at least to me this is interesting. Mosques, silver crafts, ancient buildings everywhere.
Northern europe to greece  20161015
Northern europe to greece  20161016
Northern europe to greece  20161017
Northern europe to greece  20161018

Took off the next day to final destination close to thessaloniki. I choose a route following all along the albanian border. Went through quite remote places, hardly any people neither any petrol stations..glad I had my fuel friend as a joker. This is enduro country as well as super moto paradies. Stunning views.
Northern europe to greece  20161019
Northern europe to greece  20161020
Northern europe to greece  20161022

Finally I arrived after a four days journey at my friends place and immediatelly swopped tires for Michelin AC10. Best choice for this type of terrain.
Northern europe to greece  Wp_20110

Then we went playing in the woods just behind the house. Had brilliant day trips and perfect weather.
Northern europe to greece  20161024
Northern europe to greece  20161025
Northern europe to greece  20161029
Northern europe to greece  20161030
Northern europe to greece  20161031
Northern europe to greece  20161032
Northern europe to greece  20161035
Northern europe to greece  20161036

After 10 days of fun I stored the bike in their garage and flew home. Felt like a time tunnel. Flight took me 3 hours compared to 4 days travelling to final destination.
Northern europe to greece  Tour_d10

Will pick up the bike next spring and plan to take it back a different route. We´ll see.
Back to top Go down
Elm

PostSubject: Re: Northern europe to greece    Northern europe to greece  EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 4:05 am

Great report, thanks for sharing. I Hope one day to do the bit you missed , but along the East Coast.
Back to top Go down
rapete

rapete

PostSubject: Re: Northern europe to greece    Northern europe to greece  EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 4:41 am

Elm wrote:
Great report, thanks for sharing. I Hope one day to do the bit you missed , but along the East Coast.

You Sir live in one of the most unique countries I´ve been to and I would gladly swope places. Stayed in oz for 2.5 years but that was already 25 years ago and memories start fading..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Northern europe to greece    Northern europe to greece  Empty

Back to top Go down

Northern europe to greece
Page 1 of 1