Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Where do you like your rear tire? (Poll)

Go down 

Where do you like your rear tire?
Front third of the adjuster.
Where do you like your rear tire? (Poll) Empty0%Where do you like your rear tire? (Poll) Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
Mid third of the adjuster.
Where do you like your rear tire? (Poll) Empty17%Where do you like your rear tire? (Poll) Empty
 17% [ 1 ]
Rear third of the adjuster.
Where do you like your rear tire? (Poll) Empty0%Where do you like your rear tire? (Poll) Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
Under the bike/don't care.
Where do you like your rear tire? (Poll) Empty83%Where do you like your rear tire? (Poll) Empty
 83% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
dicklane625

dicklane625

Where do you like your rear tire? (Poll) Empty
PostSubject: Where do you like your rear tire? (Poll)   Where do you like your rear tire? (Poll) EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 8:05 pm

Keep it under the bike. thumb

I just put on a new chain n sprocket setup n moved the tire from the front third to the start of the rear third of the adjustment range. I changed from 12/43 with a 108 link chain to 13/47 with a 112 link chain. That's equal to about 13/46.58 to 13/47. So far the bike handles a lot better in mud, dirt, over rocky stuff, and tracks better. Before if I spun in dirt/mud there was no wheelie action. If I was wheeliein already the front would drop. Now I can spin through all of second gear n manage to pop a wheelie and maintain it. Little log hops that I've hit so far have improved too. I've only hit smaller ones though. I don't think less than half a tooth on a rear sprocket would change that much. I think I could have went with a 110 link but I want to be able to put a 49t on the back if 13/47 isn't low enough.

It seems feasible to me that moving the tire back in the adjuster could change how the bike behaves. Also that it varies based on other things. Stock gearing might not have enough torque so it'd be harder to get over obstacles. Tires sizes could come into play also... Is one or the other going to aid the chains bad habit of eating the swingarm?

I haven't noticed any downfalls yet like wider turning radius or not being able to get the front tire up for a wheelie or obstacle. I haven't busted out a wheelie on pavement yet to compare that.. I've seen some other posts on this somewhere but figured I'd start a poll. I hope people vote and comment with their setup.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

Where do you like your rear tire? (Poll) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you like your rear tire? (Poll)   Where do you like your rear tire? (Poll) EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 8:32 pm

I just thought about suspension too. It says Mr, Go Race hasn't been on here in two years but I wonder if the little bit you can move the tire back would change how the shock should be valved/adjusted....
Back to top Go down

Where do you like your rear tire? (Poll)
Page 1 of 1