Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

First post. Need help with wiseco programmer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
9re9

First post. Need help with wiseco programmer Empty
PostSubject: First post. Need help with wiseco programmer   First post. Need help with wiseco programmer EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 11:15 pm

Hello all. As it says up there... I went to install this today but had an issue. I have an 08 R and ordered an fmc141, exactly what it shows, what the store I ordered it from says, what wiseco says... the connectors aren't the same.

First post. Need help with wiseco programmer Img_3711

Wrong unit in the right box? Any thoughts? I realize most are running the fmf but maybe someone can offer some insight?

First post. Need help with wiseco programmer Img_3712

I'm not opposed to swapping connectors as long as I could ID it to verify it's still the right unit.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: First post. Need help with wiseco programmer   First post. Need help with wiseco programmer EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 6:36 am

Well if you are sure that you are plugging it into the right connector and the connectors don't mate up then I would bring the unit back.

Would not be the first time some one on the manufacturing floor has assembled some thing wrong or put the wrong part in the wrong bin.
Back to top Go down
9re9

PostSubject: Re: First post. Need help with wiseco programmer   First post. Need help with wiseco programmer EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 1:53 pm

I realize that should be my only option but the place I bought from isn't being overly helpful and I don't want to be out more money to try and get this resolved. Right now I'm trying to get ahold of wiseco to see if the unit itself would still work for me and if so I'll just swap connectors. But so far getting an answer to that isn't easy.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: First post. Need help with wiseco programmer   First post. Need help with wiseco programmer EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 2:25 pm

9re9 wrote:
I realize that should be my only option but the place I bought from isn't being overly helpful and I don't want to be out more money to try and get this resolved. Right now I'm trying to get ahold of wiseco to see if the unit itself would still work for me and if so I'll just swap connectors. But so far getting an answer to that isn't easy.

I guess I don't understand what is going on. The place you bought it from does not have to be helpful - they just need to take the unit back and refund your money.

It is a simple business transaction - You told me this would work on my bike but it doesn't so take your unit back and refund my money to me or get me a unit that will work. Simple.

If they don't want to play that game by the rules then get your credit card company involved to revoke payment.

I must be missing something...
Back to top Go down
ACDSWRR

ACDSWRR

PostSubject: Re: First post. Need help with wiseco programmer   First post. Need help with wiseco programmer EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 6:17 pm

Dude, that sure looks like your plugging in to the coolant temp sensor and not the injector.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First post. Need help with wiseco programmer   First post. Need help with wiseco programmer Empty

Back to top Go down

First post. Need help with wiseco programmer
Page 1 of 1