Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Siliconed "plug" coming out!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lancek

Siliconed "plug" coming out!! Empty
PostSubject: Siliconed "plug" coming out!!   Siliconed "plug" coming out!! EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 4:31 am

Hey guys - Just washed the bike down and noticed on the left hand front of the engine - there is a black plastic "cord" that goes into the engine - it is wrapped in electrical tape and has grey silicon on the plug into the case.

The silicon on mine is lifting off. What is this cord for and using high temp silicon good enough to fix it back on?

Thanks

Lance
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: Siliconed "plug" coming out!!   Siliconed "plug" coming out!! EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 4:39 am

Sorry lance I can't help with fixing it but the cause may be high pressure water when washing. Do you use a pressure washer? Down here the mains pressure is amoast the same as a pressure washer whats it like where you live?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Siliconed "plug" coming out!!   Siliconed "plug" coming out!! EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 7:15 am

Sounds like the wires from the stator/alternator.

When the bike is put together at the factory, they'll put a dab of sealant where a thick rubber grommet holding the wires passes through the engine crankcase.
If it's not leaking any oil, it may just be excess sealant.

Same thing can happen where the sealant seals the joint where the crankcases, themselves, come together down the middle of the engine.
Sometime, there will be some that oozed out during assembly and is just hanging there doing nothing.

How about a pic?
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: Siliconed "plug" coming out!!   Siliconed "plug" coming out!! EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 11:50 am

Mine was sort of coming out during the first week that I got the bike.... a thick layer of high-temp silicone fixed the problem Siliconed "plug" coming out!! 93746
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Siliconed "plug" coming out!!   Siliconed "plug" coming out!! EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:21 pm

No oil, No problem
The sealant on the outside is not what is doing the sealing anyway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Siliconed "plug" coming out!!   Siliconed "plug" coming out!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Siliconed "plug" coming out!!
Page 1 of 1