Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

EJK Programmer Questions

Go down 
+2
Jerry S
MikeCarr07
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeCarr07

EJK Programmer Questions Empty
PostSubject: EJK Programmer Questions   EJK Programmer Questions EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 5:54 am

Anybody running a slip-on exhaust (FMF, Yoshi, Leovince) with the stock air filter (no other mods) and the FMF/EJK programmer? If so, what settings are you running? Have you experienced any cutting out issues? Is the programmer worth it considering you only have a slip-on? Btw I live in Ontario, Canada which is about 150m above sea level (If that matters).
Back to top Go down
Jerry S

PostSubject: Re: EJK Programmer Questions   EJK Programmer Questions EmptyFri Feb 23, 2018 12:47 pm

I installed one after I made some changes to the stock muffler and airbox, it made a noticeable difference.
If anything it definitely smooths out the jerky throttle response.

I went with the EJK suggested settings.
Back to top Go down
PeteJE

PostSubject: Re: EJK Programmer Questions   EJK Programmer Questions EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 3:40 pm

Form another thread I replied...... (I like it, no cut outs yet)....
Today at 10:53 am
by PeteJE
Only engine change I did so far was an EJK tuner and took airbox door off and changed to NoToil cageless air filter. I bought the fuel controller as an early investment, thinking later I’d have it for exhaust changes.... but now I think I am done.

The EJK did improve butt dyno / throttle feel a lot all across operation (as did the airbox door removal). It is also fun to play wiht micro changes in the settings and get to feel it. The bike is not as lean as I read on internet, I believe. Stock, with only small intake air change requires very little additive fuel in the phases available, but, the response is more immediate, smooth, and has lost some of the major “holes” or pauses in the throttle response that I felt when totally stock. It just feels like a more performance machine than originally.... not more powerfull, but quicker on the draw en total.

After reading rsteiger and other similar posts, I think gains from the exhasut system would be not worth it. I have a 13/48 set up, can top speed at just about 90, cruise easily at 80, feels great in urban environment and better off road in this gearing. If I stay where I am with performance mods (gearing, intake door off, ejk), should I bother with AIS removal / further airbox mods (ultimate airbox mod)?? And I beieve, for sure, I should leave the EXUP alone in this stock exhaust config? I am loving this bike!
Back to top Go down
BingL

PostSubject: Re: EJK Programmer Questions   EJK Programmer Questions EmptyMon May 07, 2018 6:00 am

EJK have a good website with recommendations. I'd be closely following them as a starting point at the very least.
Back to top Go down
paulie1960

PostSubject: Re: EJK Programmer Questions   EJK Programmer Questions EmptyMon May 07, 2018 6:25 pm

I have the FMF programmer and I did experienced a cutout, you have to change the 5th setting till you dont notice it anymore, to me the default setting seem a little rich, I have the athena 290 kit and I have my settings dialed in perfect.
Back to top Go down
Standupnfall

PostSubject: Re: EJK Programmer Questions   EJK Programmer Questions EmptyTue Jul 20, 2021 3:02 pm

I had the FMF before. Just ordered the EJK directly from Dobek as I heard this is a more updated version.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EJK Programmer Questions   EJK Programmer Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

EJK Programmer Questions
Page 1 of 1