Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fuel pump?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Greener73

Fuel pump? Empty
PostSubject: Fuel pump?   Fuel pump? EmptySun Jul 08, 2018 9:35 pm

Currently on a multi week trip across USA and Hoping to get confirmation that the fuel pump is the likely issue of my problem below.

I have a 2009 wr250r with about 40000kms.

About a week ago I was rolling into town with the fuel light on and the engine sputtered for a bit then died.it wasn’t out of fuel. I could hear the pump wine, and the bike would idle, but if I gave it any gas it would quit. THe whine on the pump sounded odd. I parked under a tree for half an hour, filled with fuel and it worked fine.

Fast forward and the same situation has happened about 5 more times. Now the tank doesn’t even have to be empty, it seems that if the engine is hot enough to make the rad fan run, I’m likely to have this issue.

I’m stuck in town waiting for a fuel pump.
I’m hoping you guys can confirm I’m fixing the right part. When I’ve read other posts it seems that their fuel pumps don’t turn on at all, however for me Every time the pump turns on when I turn the ignition, but the whine is odd. The sound is kind of like there is air in a line. When it runs correctly the whine is constant.

Am I on the right track? Could this problem be something else I’m overlooking?
Back to top Go down
VW_Lee

VW_Lee

Fuel pump? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump?   Fuel pump? EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 12:11 pm

How did this turn out? Your description sounds like a lot of the fuel pump failures I've read about, where it fails when it gets hot, then works again once it has cooled down. Hoping the new pump got you going again.

Lee
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

Fuel pump? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump?   Fuel pump? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 4:03 am

You probably already know you're on the right track. I've had four pumps in my bike. Having said that, the last one lasted about 20,000 km and 1100 engine hours, which considering the heat that gets in that tank (Safari) is pretty good, I thought. It was the upgraded pump - the earlier ones were bad for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fuel pump? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel pump?   Fuel pump? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuel pump?
Page 1 of 1