Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRR Problems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TwelveGaugeSage

WRR Problems Empty
PostSubject: WRR Problems   WRR Problems EmptySat Sep 08, 2018 5:29 pm

I posted this to the Facebook page, but wanted to also post here.

I haven't been able to ride much recently due to life, but I took the WR250R for a short ride after it sat for almost two weeks. While warming up it stalled. Then while riding it was intermittently stalling and starting back up. Usually it would start right back up with engine compression, but one time it didn't start right back up and I coasted to a stop. The engine cranked, but it didn't want to start. After about 20 seconds, I turned it over again and it started, then I rode it home with no problems.

Outside of stalling, everything else felt normal, no power loss or anything like that.

The fact that it turned over while stalled leads me to believe it isn't the kill switch, sidestand switch, or neutral start switch. I checked all the wiring connections today and the spark plug and all seemed fine.

Now for the devastating plot twist. I stupidly lost control of the fuel tank and it fell, snapping the tube off the fuel pump.

So my questions go as follows:

A: what is the best option for dealing with the fuel pump. I assume a replacement is necessary. Is there a best priced option? Any other option?

B: Where would you go next on the stalling? I suppose there is a decent chance that the fuel pump was the issue and replacing it may resolve the problem. However, it is a 2016 with only about 2000 miles on it.

With my luck I may just be better off paying someone to figure it out.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

WRR Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR Problems   WRR Problems EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 4:14 am

TwelveGaugeSage wrote:
Now for the devastating plot twist.  I stupidly lost control of the fuel tank and it fell, snapping the tube off the fuel pump.

I presume you mean the output plastic tube where the fuel line snaps onto? As far as I know there is no way to fix this, so you will have to get a new fuel pump.

Once you get it and install it, re-evaluate whether you still have a stalling problem.
Back to top Go down
TwelveGaugeSage

WRR Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR Problems   WRR Problems EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 9:39 am

Welp, after putting in the new fuel pump, no more stalling. I don't know if it was the fuel pump or something that resolved itself on that last stall out before getting it home. Either way I'll take it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WRR Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: WRR Problems   WRR Problems Empty

Back to top Go down

WRR Problems
Page 1 of 1