Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

G'day from Australia

Go down 
+2
wayben20
MIkeO
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MIkeO

G'day from Australia Empty
PostSubject: G'day from Australia   G'day from Australia EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 12:17 am

Greetings from Australia.

I've owned a previous 1998 WR250 two stroke but sold that quite some time ago...but now have a new 2018 WR250R since I wanted something dual sport and to ride to work.  I've made a couple of mods to it as to changing the front sprocket to a 14 tooth and leaving the rear as a 43 - gained about 7% top end speed but as it's mainly for work for half of the year it's quite happy chugging along at 110km/h which is perfect.  I ditched the standard muffler and fitted the GTYR slip on muffler - this improved the performance from bottom end to mid range by 30% ( Yamaha state that and it's true!)  It's excellent.  I also got rid of the rear plough licence plate holder...such an ugly piece of plastic and I fitted the GTYR stubby licence plate mount.  Whilst ADR require a licence plate light - I fixed that by ordering two LED light bolts which simply fit to the plate and wiring is just connecting with bullet connectors and done!

Look forward to reading all your posts and viewing the photos.  I'll post some of mine later :)

Safe riding!
Back to top Go down
wayben20

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Australia   G'day from Australia EmptySun Oct 07, 2018 11:44 pm

That sounds interesting. Nice knowing you here.
Back to top Go down
Tige

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Australia   G'day from Australia EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 2:49 am

Gday I was thinking gytr as well. Did you open air box as well? Don’t want to affect warranty. Did you do away with EXUP?
Back to top Go down
mekros

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Australia   G'day from Australia EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 4:14 pm

Welcome,

They make a good commuter, I did about a year commuting through the streets of western Sydney no problems. Looking forward to seeing your bike.
Back to top Go down
bridger28

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Australia   G'day from Australia EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 1:59 am

Welcome aboard fellow new member. Sounds like a fun new machine for you.
Back to top Go down
PeterV

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Australia   G'day from Australia EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 4:54 am

Hi Mikeo can you put up some photos of your of how you did the tail. How did you do the leds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Australia   G'day from Australia Empty

Back to top Go down

G'day from Australia
Page 1 of 1