Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Any issues running full out long term?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PeteJE

Any issues running full out long term? Empty
PostSubject: Any issues running full out long term?   Any issues running full out long term? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 12:43 am

Just wondering to myself and now to those with more knowing....  I like to commute sometimes on the wr (actually a lot) Mine is modded: 13/48 gearing, airbox flapper removed, all the CA emissions removed, FMF Q4 pipe, powerbomb header, and EJK controller.  In 6th it tops out (rev limit) at ~95.  It runs easliy around 80 on the freeway. (Speedo is corrected). 

If I run it on the freeway like this frequently am I going to blow up the motor?  It burns no measurable oil, I change ~ every 3K with yamalube.    I love it and it seems to love it, but it is running full out a whole lot.  Is that ok?
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Any issues running full out long term?   Any issues running full out long term? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 3:20 pm

It takes about 10 minutes with practise to swap the front sprocket for a 14, i'd do that for sure in your application.

Do you actually need the lower gearing? Otherwise consider to permanently install a 14 front, or go for a bit smaller rear sprocket.

My dualsport gearing is 14/48, I can still clutch up wheelies in 3rd, so good enough for me.

But no, you probably wont kill the engine doing that, but why not be nice to it, when you enjoy it so much? Shog
Back to top Go down
on2wheels52

PostSubject: Re: Any issues running full out long term?   Any issues running full out long term? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2018 6:05 pm

I think stock is 13/43 or 3.30 (to 1)
13/48 is 3.69
I'm fairly happy with 14/50 or 3.57.

I feel there are other advantages to the 14 tooth front.
But then I don't spend much time riding in the 60's.
Back to top Go down
Mattomattia

PostSubject: Exup   Any issues running full out long term? EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi guys,
I've a problem with my valve or better with the wire of the valve.
One of the wire, more accurately the space between the two bolt which stay in the piece which block it on the exhaust can't arrive in it. Someone knows why?
Back to top Go down
DPete

DPete

PostSubject: Re: Any issues running full out long term?   Any issues running full out long term? EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 6:44 pm

Mattomattia wrote:
Hi guys,
I've a problem  with my valve or better with the wire of the valve.
One of the wire, more accurately the space between the two bolt which stay in the piece which block it on the exhaust can't arrive in it. Someone knows why?
I think perhaps your muffler bearing has seized creating friction between the outersphere and the innersphere.
Back to top Go down
Mattomattia

PostSubject: Re: Any issues running full out long term?   Any issues running full out long term? EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 10:12 am

No, I put the mistake wire 'Very happy.
I think the original exhaust is better than le vince. It works better in the middle!
What do you think about the exhausts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any issues running full out long term?   Any issues running full out long term? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any issues running full out long term?
Page 1 of 1