Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New bike, few small problems

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Djwr250r

New bike, few small problems Empty
PostSubject: New bike, few small problems   New bike, few small problems EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 3:35 pm

First off, hello!  I've been a member here for a while and just recently bought a 2016 WR250R.  Bike has 1600 miles on it.

Love the bike so far but there's a few little things I gotta figure out and was hoping I could get some help here.

First thing is the Neutral light on the cluster is always on.  I did a search an it sounds like it might be a relay.  Don't know if this is a common thing or not or whether i should just replace the relay or search other solutions.

Second, the speed on the dash seems to be way off.  Haven't confirmed this but when it feels like I'm doing 20 mph, it'll say close to 40.  Everything is stock besides Pro Taper bars, an integrated tail light, and fender eliminator.  Maybe this is a problem in conjunction with the neutral light?

Seems weird that a bike with low miles is having little electrical things wrong so I suspect the PO might have blown a relay or something.  

Any help would be appreciated!

New bike, few small problems Wr250r10
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: New bike, few small problems   New bike, few small problems EmptyWed Sep 19, 2018 4:27 pm

The speedometer on the wrr is known to be off from the factory. However, indicating 40 when doing 20 is excessive. You really ought to get a gps and confirm your actual speed instead of just guessing.

It looks the the tires are still stock but I can’t tell about the sprockets. Changing the gearing will affect the speedometer.
Back to top Go down
Djwr250r

PostSubject: Re: New bike, few small problems   New bike, few small problems EmptyThu Sep 20, 2018 7:59 pm

Thanks for the reply. Gps says 20 while indicating 34 on the dash. Stock 13/43 gearing
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: New bike, few small problems   New bike, few small problems EmptyFri Sep 21, 2018 4:16 pm

This thread will answer your speedo question.

In short, your display is damaged, and you can either get a new OEM display, or a SpeedoDRD to correct your existing display.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: New bike, few small problems   New bike, few small problems EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 6:31 am

johnkol wrote:
This thread will answer your speedo question.

In short, your display is damaged, and you can either get a new OEM display, or a SpeedoDRD to correct your existing display.

I was going to suggest that but from what I remember reading about bad displays, the speedometer is off much more than what he experiencing.

Could be the issue though it is not likely if you never had a battery die or get low.
Back to top Go down
Djwr250r

PostSubject: Re: New bike, few small problems   New bike, few small problems EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 4:30 pm

Thanks for the help. I think I'll give the speedo healer a try to correct the speed.

As for the neutral light, I noticed that when I have the gauges in diagnostic mode or the motor is off, the neutral light works perfectly. It's only when the bike is running that it constantly stays on. I'm guessing this means it's more of a relay issue than the switch? It's not really a big problem and I've learned to deal with it but it's just an annoyance.
Back to top Go down
Old Blue

PostSubject: Re: New bike, few small problems   New bike, few small problems EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 5:22 pm

20 mph is pretty close to 34 kph. The speedo may be reading in kilometers.
Back to top Go down
Motojim74

PostSubject: Re: New bike, few small problems   New bike, few small problems EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 10:17 am

I’m a new owner of a 2011 wr250x, it came with an aftermarket yoshi exhaust and I need to put a fuel programmer on it I’m not sure wich one o buy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New bike, few small problems   New bike, few small problems Empty

Back to top Go down

New bike, few small problems
Page 1 of 1