Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello from central Florida

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
venomous1

venomous1

Hello from central Florida Empty
PostSubject: Hello from central Florida   Hello from central Florida EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 6:46 pm

Hi. Long time rider (REALLY long time....I'll probably be one of the resident old farts). Looking at options for a dual sport and landed on the WR250. Just looking around for info, nit picks, mods, ways to deal with seat height (yes, already searched and have read a lot).

I am a performance automotive calibrator/tuner, specializing in 2007+ Ford GT500s. You can take a look at my site, venomous tuning dot com, if you're bored or interested.

Last two bikes were complete opposites; Ducati S4Rs and a Suzi Burgman 650. The Duc for getting places quickly and fun and the Burgman for comfort and storing a bunch of crap under the seat. Others have ranged from a few Harleys to a couple of GoldWings and a bunch of stuff in between.

Raced motocross from age 13 to around 21-22. (This is the part when I live up to the ''old fart'' part.....first "new" race bike was an Elsinore. THE Elsinore. CR250M 1973).

Anyway, I'm off to read and learn. Thanks for having a place to do so.

bj
Back to top Go down
atomhart

atomhart

Hello from central Florida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from central Florida   Hello from central Florida EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 6:02 pm

Central Florida WRR here as well. Also raced moto some years back. Speaking of Elsinores, was racing moto at Bithlo one evening when Mark Barnett shows up for the A class with an old Elsinore 250. Something special to watch him school the local fast A riders, riding current machines (90's, 250 2 strokers). Mark EASILY spanked the fast guys and even cleared the triple on the old Elsinore. It's not the bike...
Back to top Go down

Hello from central Florida
Page 1 of 1