Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Best way to paint two main side fairings?

Go down 
+2
Jens Eskildsen
xdfailure
6 posters
AuthorMessage
xdfailure

Best way to paint two main side fairings? Empty
PostSubject: Best way to paint two main side fairings?   Best way to paint two main side fairings? EmptyTue Feb 12, 2019 10:58 pm

Hey guys!

I have a 2014 WR250R and am in the process of doing a full fairing and seat change (will post pics when project is complete) and was wondering what the best way to paint the two main side fairings was. I do not intend on painting the radiator fins. The color I would like is matte green and I've been told the best way to do it is plastidip. My only concern is how the plastidip will hold up overtime as I want this to be a more permanent job.

Anyone have any luck?
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Best way to paint two main side fairings?   Best way to paint two main side fairings? EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 7:59 pm

Wrap'em in foil
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Best way to paint two main side fairings?   Best way to paint two main side fairings? EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 9:48 pm

Don’t paint. Wrap them with vinyl. The stuff they use to wrap cars and what graphics kits are made from. Plenty of places online sell it and it comes it a million different colors.

It will last and look 10x better than paint.
Back to top Go down
bridger28

PostSubject: Re: Best way to paint two main side fairings?   Best way to paint two main side fairings? EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 6:12 pm

Hertz wrote:
Don’t paint. Wrap them with vinyl. The stuff they use to wrap cars and what graphics kits are made from. Plenty of places online sell it and it comes it a million different colors.

It will last and look 10x better than paint.

Sounds like the graphic kit is a better option. We'll be working on the WR250R right after we finished installing the new brake kit and rugged liner tonneau covers on the current truck project. My uncle and I been debating on whether to paint the fairings of the bike. I'll check the local graphic store here for choices.
Back to top Go down
dwollie

PostSubject: Re: Best way to paint two main side fairings?   Best way to paint two main side fairings? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 3:56 am

Plastidip is easy to apply but not so durable.
Back to top Go down
dangerousdan606

PostSubject: Re: Best way to paint two main side fairings?   Best way to paint two main side fairings? EmptySun May 26, 2019 12:27 am

I have used Color Rite products to paint white trim Honda red and had very good durable results. I cleaned sanded primed and clear coated so it really takes a long time but the pieces held up well. I painted some pieces on my Kawasaki 300 and got lazy and did not sand the shock protectors and it was a disaster. The vinyl sounds much easier and I will try it on some white pieces of my WR250R and report back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best way to paint two main side fairings?   Best way to paint two main side fairings? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best way to paint two main side fairings?
Page 1 of 1