Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Owner in Minnesota

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
miweber929

New Owner in Minnesota Empty
PostSubject: New Owner in Minnesota   New Owner in Minnesota EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 10:52 pm

Hey everyone!!!

I picked up a ‘10 WR250R for use as a dual sport, camping, commuter and pretty much anything else I can think of addition to the stable today to replace my ‘04 WR450F. The 450 is a great bike but it’s a beast on the not the best for just playing around and two up plinking around.

Been riding over 40 years now, starting on a Z50 just before my 4th birthday and haven’t stopped riding. Over the years I’ve owned more than 30 bikes, live working on them as much as riding them.

Glad to be here, looking for ways to make my new purchase work the best it can.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: New Owner in Minnesota   New Owner in Minnesota EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 3:03 pm

Welcome.

I have a 2004 450f aswell, and I agree, its a completely different beast.
Back to top Go down
JemmyOtis

PostSubject: Re: New Owner in Minnesota   New Owner in Minnesota EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 4:35 pm

Welcome! Where in Minnesota? I grew up in the southeastern corner of the state, still visit but without my bike (stuck in California). I think this bike is ideal for all that Minnesota offers. Post pics when you get a chance and enjoy the bike!
Back to top Go down
miweber929

PostSubject: Re: New Owner in Minnesota   New Owner in Minnesota EmptyTue Jun 11, 2019 9:03 pm

JemmyOtis wrote:
Welcome! Where in Minnesota? I grew up in the southeastern corner of the state, still visit but without my bike (stuck in California). I think this bike is ideal for all that Minnesota offers. Post pics when you get a chance and enjoy the bike!

I’m living near the Twin Cities, though this bike will end up going back and forth from North Carolina with us when we go down there in the spring and fall to go riding as well.

I’m still in the process of cleaning it up a bit, but will post pics soon. Amazing how much crap a 10 year old bike with 400 miles on it can get on it..........
Back to top Go down
Carbide

PostSubject: Re: New Owner in Minnesota   New Owner in Minnesota EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 7:49 pm

I'm near Elk River.
Back to top Go down
Carbide

PostSubject: Re: New Owner in Minnesota   New Owner in Minnesota EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 5:33 pm

Mike!! Hey man. Brad here aka Torchsport.
Guess I thought I posted in my own thread at 1st.
I just bought a 2008 WR250X. wink
Back to top Go down
miweber929

PostSubject: Re: New Owner in Minnesota   New Owner in Minnesota EmptyTue Sep 03, 2019 8:03 am

Carbide wrote:
Mike!! Hey man. Brad here aka Torchsport.
Guess I thought I posted in my own thread at 1st.
I just bought a 2008 WR250X.  wink

Hah, very nice!!! These are great machines, I’m just finishing up getting mine setup at least initially, but I still have a bunch of corrosion to get rid of and suspension to get redone before it’s fully finished.

It’ll be a great playbike for ya!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Owner in Minnesota   New Owner in Minnesota Empty

Back to top Go down

New Owner in Minnesota
Page 1 of 1