Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

removing rear wheel bearing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hockey4ever

removing rear wheel bearing Empty
PostSubject: removing rear wheel bearing   removing rear wheel bearing EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 6:22 pm

I just bought new pivot work bearing kit. The question is how do we remove the old bearing? Do i need special tools?
Back to top Go down
JemmyOtis

PostSubject: Re: removing rear wheel bearing   removing rear wheel bearing EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 10:38 pm

There are a ton of articles and videos on how to do this, such as https://www.motosport.com/blog/how-to-replace-wheel-bearings-on-your-dirt-bike or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArFC3xPHhGA. I've done it without special tools and with a bearing puller, I much prefer using the puller.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: removing rear wheel bearing   removing rear wheel bearing EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 7:00 am

I use hammer and a brass rod.
a piece of 10mm threaded rod canbe used aswell, just get creative.

Just be aware, if you struggling to remove the bearings, you might have a hard time installing them without messing them up.
Watch a few youtube videos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: removing rear wheel bearing   removing rear wheel bearing Empty

Back to top Go down

removing rear wheel bearing
Page 1 of 1