Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

how much difference will 1 extra tooth on rear make

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
beer goggle

beer goggle

how much difference will 1 extra tooth on rear make Empty
PostSubject: how much difference will 1 extra tooth on rear make   how much difference will 1 extra tooth on rear make EmptySat Dec 19, 2020 6:46 pm

switching out chain & sprockets, got a silver JT chain, oem front and two rear sprockets. One is an old (unused) silver 48T and the other a black prox 47T. I would prefer to use the black sprocket as it looks way better on black warp9 SM rims, however if there is a significant difference in acceleration with the 48T I'll fit that. not the greatest dilemma I know Very happy
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: how much difference will 1 extra tooth on rear make   how much difference will 1 extra tooth on rear make EmptySat Dec 19, 2020 7:33 pm

It would be noticeable, but not a huge difference.
I'd try it and see how you like it.

When I rode a WR250X, my sprockets were 13/49.
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: how much difference will 1 extra tooth on rear make   how much difference will 1 extra tooth on rear make EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 9:09 am

Yeah its probably best if i give them both a try. Thing is it was an absolute nightmare removing the old torx bolts, which had the metal type lock nuts and loads of blue loctite. The old sprocket had been on the bike for 4/5 years and ridden in all sorts of weather. The proximity of nuts/spokes made it nigh on impossible to loosen nuts. i ended up snapping 2 torx heads and eventually had to weld on a bolt and get a breaker bar to get the f=cker off!

i have a new set of bolts with nylock nuts, should i use loctite? And apparently nylock nuts lose their 'strength' every time they are tightened/loosened??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how much difference will 1 extra tooth on rear make   how much difference will 1 extra tooth on rear make Empty

Back to top Go down

how much difference will 1 extra tooth on rear make
Page 1 of 1