Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF EFI Programmer Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
12oclocker

12oclocker

FMF EFI Programmer Question Empty
PostSubject: FMF EFI Programmer Question   FMF EFI Programmer Question EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:29 am

Ok, I put an FMF Q4 Exhaust and Fuel programmer on my WR250X, I cannot ride it yet because its snowing here, but I noticed in the garage, the throttle response does not seem linear anymore, exactly at 3500rpm it jumps to 4500rpm. I'm guessing this is where the servo would spin the flap in the exhaust valve of the OEM exhaust open or close. does anyone else feel a power burst at around 3500 rpm, where the throttle response does not seem linear anymore? I'm thinking this is going to screw me up bad, I need good linear control of the throttle from 2500 to 4500rpm, that's exactly where I run m y RPM's in a circle, etc. If this is going to be a problem I may have a BRAND NEW FMF fuel programmer for sale, and I'll go buy the Power Commander. Thing is I liked the FMF programmer because it was closed loop, where I believe the Power Commander is open loop unless you weld one of their sensors on your exhaust. I'm assuming those things, I have not looked into that in detail yet.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: FMF EFI Programmer Question   FMF EFI Programmer Question EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 6:46 am

I wouldn't sweat it until you take it out for a good, long ride and see how it runs once warmed to full temperature.

I've ridden my WR-250R both with and without both a PClll and an FMF Power Programmer. Either is a very big improvement over stock fueling.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: FMF EFI Programmer Question   FMF EFI Programmer Question EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 8:38 am

I don't feel that riding mine. That's the worst thing about winter, having to wait on the weather to try out mods.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMF EFI Programmer Question   FMF EFI Programmer Question Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF EFI Programmer Question
Page 1 of 1