Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Throttle Tube

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wilburj

wilburj

New Throttle Tube Empty
PostSubject: New Throttle Tube   New Throttle Tube EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 4:59 pm

I am looking for a quick turn throttle tube for the R. I have a fused wrist that does not turn so well. Many breaks and last summer breaking the big wrist bone clean off and 2 surgeries with plates, bone grafts, and 7 screws have caused this condition. I raced moto-cross for 30 some years, all the sponsors said things like man you are really fast but, you should try to keep the bike up-right more often. So anyway after all these years it is now very difficult to twist the throttle without moving my whole arm. I remember what we used to call 1/4 turn throttles. This would keep me from having to move my arm so far to reach WOT. Do they still make them or something like them? and for our bikes? Sorry for the ramblings, must be cabin fever already and it has only been 4 days. Thanks wilburj
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

New Throttle Tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Throttle Tube   New Throttle Tube EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 5:14 pm

I'm using a quick-turn throttle tube made by a company called G2 Ergonomics.
It's the same one made for a 2003 YZ-450F, and it fits just fine.
It reduces the amount of twist required to get full throttle by a decent amount. :)

http://g2ergo.com/shop/catalog/G2-Quick-Turn-Thottle-Tubes-for-Yamaha-52.html
Back to top Go down

New Throttle Tube
Page 1 of 1