Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Lowering seat height on my 08 WR250X

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MotoManthey

Lowering seat height on my 08 WR250X Empty
PostSubject: Lowering seat height on my 08 WR250X   Lowering seat height on my 08 WR250X EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 9:28 pm

Hey, everybody! I'm sure this has been posted plenty of times before but I can't find a thread on this.

I recently purchased and '08 WR250X and while it's a great bike, its current seat height is way too tall for me to normally commute. I'm a hair over 5'7 and am used to bikes that sit higher but at best, I'm tippy toeing this bike when I commute.

I should also add that the previous owner put dual sport wheels on these, so it's no longer the stock 17' sumo wheels.

With all of that said, what are some recommendations for lowering links/suspension/seat mods that would work best for someone of my height? I've heard quite about about the Yamalink but I'd like to hear more from other WR owners before I make an investment in that.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Starpower

PostSubject: Re: Lowering seat height on my 08 WR250X   Lowering seat height on my 08 WR250X EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 11:35 am

On my WRR I was able to lower it about an inch by raising the forks 1/2" and taking all length adjustment out of the rear shock. I even removed the lock nut so it could be shortened even more. I can't see the piston spinning thus IMO no need for the nut. It's been a few years and it has not budged.

MotoManthey likes this post

Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Lowering seat height on my 08 WR250X   Lowering seat height on my 08 WR250X EmptySat Jun 04, 2022 12:15 am

How long have you had the bike? My suggestion is to just ride it as is for a few months and see if you get used to the height.

For example, I'm 5'6", ride the WRR without any modifications (which makes it about an inch taller than the WRX), and I'm perfectly fine with it; I cannot put both feet down, but just one is enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lowering seat height on my 08 WR250X   Lowering seat height on my 08 WR250X Empty

Back to top Go down

Lowering seat height on my 08 WR250X
Page 1 of 1