Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

new guy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dogmeat

new guy Empty
PostSubject: new guy   new guy EmptyMon Feb 27, 2023 3:41 pm

Hi all!! I just bought an '08 with 4600 miles on it (it's an R). A friend bought one back when they first came out. We did a few rides together including a D2D run (1000+ miles) and I was impressed by it. We switched bikes a few times so I got a chance to check it out. Anyway, I'm no stranger to bikes.... been riding 50+ years and have owned many. My profession is aircraft mechanic and I have always done (most) of the work on my vehicles. I have machinist and fabricator skills as well. I haven't ridden this one yet because we have 4 feet of snow on the ground (Alaska).

Anyway, my questions for the moment:

the bike has been lowered and I did not get the original links with it. I think I will try it as is but I have experienced other bikes like the KLR when lowered and found that it really messes with the way the bike handles.... your thoughts?

there are no "bark busters"... I want some and I know that some brands work better on some bikes, and some are tough to fit on others... suggestions for what works...

I heard there is a stator recall... I will investigate this

any other things to look out for on the 2008?

thanks, Tom in AK
Back to top Go down
johnkol

new guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: new guy   new guy EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 4:54 pm

dogmeat wrote:
the bike has been lowered and I did not get the original links with it. I think I will try it as is but I have experienced other bikes like the KLR when lowered and found that it really messes with the way the bike handles.... your thoughts?

Factory link is available at Service Honda.

dogmeat wrote:
there are no "bark busters"... I want some and I know that some brands work better on some bikes, and some are tough to fit on others... suggestions for what works...

I have Acerbis guards and they work fine. If I were to upgrade I would get guards that attach to the upper triple clamps, like these Zeta ones.

dogmeat wrote:
I heard there is a stator recall... I will investigate this

Yes there is, check with your local Yamaha dealer.

dogmeat wrote:
any other things to look out for on the 2008?

Ask the PO if he had ever have to change the fuel pump or pressure regulator, these are the two items that break most often on the WRR.

dogmeat likes this post

Back to top Go down

new guy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: