Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

soft luggage selection

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JimTid

soft luggage selection Empty
PostSubject: soft luggage selection   soft luggage selection EmptyTue Aug 08, 2023 8:48 am

I have a 2017 WR250R and several other bikes. I had been using the WR for dual sport but it took a back seat to my KTM250 EXCF.
I decided to repurpose the WR for adventure rides.  I needed some luggage. I had a set of "Dirt Racks" brand pannier racks in the attic. They are easy to install and remove with 2 bolts on each side.
I shopped briefly on line and ordered soft bags from Dirt Racks, thinking they would fit well since it is the same company that made the racks. They were $207 delivered. As soon as I opened the box I knew I had made a mistake. They are a dry bag that fits in a two part sleeve. I returned them to the Canadian company at a cost of $65 postage (Ouch).
After many hours of research I decided in the Givi GRT 718 (15Ltr per bag) or the Sedici Roll Top Dry Accessory Bag ( 10 or 20 ltr per bag).
The Sedici is a Revzilla/Cycle gear brand. I was pleased to find both the 10 Ltr and 20 ltr sizes available at my local cycle gear store.
The 10 ltr was too small. The 20 L was just right for my needs and fit well on my racks. Instead of using the supplied straps I connected then to the racks with wire ties. Seems like a good value at $80 per bag.soft luggage selection Bag_511
soft luggage selection Top_vi11
soft luggage selection Bag310
soft luggage selection Bag_511
soft luggage selection Top_vi11
soft luggage selection Bag310

Last edited by JimTid on Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add photos)
Back to top Go down

soft luggage selection
Page 1 of 1