Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Looking for Pictures of Issues Caused by 14 Tooth Sprocket

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Klue

Looking for Pictures of Issues Caused by 14 Tooth Sprocket Empty
PostSubject: Looking for Pictures of Issues Caused by 14 Tooth Sprocket   Looking for Pictures of Issues Caused by 14 Tooth Sprocket EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 5:23 pm

I have read in various places online that a 14 tooth sprocket can cause damage to the engine case of the WR250R as the sprocket and chain wear which makes it to ride up higher on the teeth. Does anyone have any pictures showing damage from a 14 tooth sprocket?

I have also read that the stock front sprocket guard can be modified to accommodate a 14 tooth sprocket. Does anyone have pictures showing exactly what requires trimming?

Any help is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Pictures of Issues Caused by 14 Tooth Sprocket   Looking for Pictures of Issues Caused by 14 Tooth Sprocket EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 2:40 am

There are no modifications needed to run a 14-tooth sprocket.

I have never heard of a 14-tooth sprocket causing damage, not to mention that the reason you mention makes no sense.

BenWRR likes this post

Back to top Go down
BenWRR

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Pictures of Issues Caused by 14 Tooth Sprocket   Looking for Pictures of Issues Caused by 14 Tooth Sprocket EmptyThu Mar 21, 2024 8:34 pm

I had just finished installing a 14/45 chain and sprocket combination.  

After three different tries, trying to get the OEM countershaft sprocket cover on, I was able to get it to fit perfectly during the fourth try. I had separated the inner guard and had kept on trying to get it to fit around the chain and sprocket when it had finally snapped into place and when I turned the wheel, the chain and sprocket went around without hitting the inner seal/guard at all. I had then put the outer cover on and had reinstalled the three bolts.

I like the cover as it has been keeping stuff from getting behind the sprocket and it also keeps whatever noise from the chain going around the sprocket, down. I had ridden the bike after rinsing it off the other day, with no helmet and when I moved my knee out I could hear the ticking or clacking sound from the front sprocket and chain though when I kept my knee where I normally ride, there was no sound. Still, between the protection to the engine, keeping dirt and mud out of the sprocket and the sound, I'm glad that the guard works with the 14T sprocket and the chain.  

I have also not ever heard of any damage occurring to any bike running a 14 tooth front sprocket.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Pictures of Issues Caused by 14 Tooth Sprocket   Looking for Pictures of Issues Caused by 14 Tooth Sprocket Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for Pictures of Issues Caused by 14 Tooth Sprocket
Page 1 of 1