Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Highway Dirtbike Handguards

Go down 
+19
Blackdog
WR25RY
Heoz
Rapid Dog
mordicai
Dabo
soggytire
BWA
gatorfan
bash3r
spadgitt
Chief_Lee_Visceral
Berwyn Henderson
Ryan Nelson
ekahwaty
Addicted
ramz
Hertz
Machtig
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Machtig

Highway Dirtbike Handguards Empty
PostSubject: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 2:53 am

Got my order from Highway Dirtbikes today, so I got on it and got everthing installed. I ordered the handguards, turn signals, low rise lower bar mount with Scotts mount, standard upper mount, and the mirrors. This stuff is the poop.

Highway Dirtbike Handguards DSC04029

Highway Dirtbike Handguards DSC04030

Highway Dirtbike Handguards DSC04031

Highway Dirtbike Handguards DSC04032

Anyone want some lightly used deal Zeta handguards with built in turn signals for cheap, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Those things are sweet. If I hadn't just spent 300 bucks on my WR I'd get a set. Mind giving a ballpark figure of what the grand total for all that was?
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:54 pm

Quote :
Anyone want some lightly used Highway Dirtbike Handguards 619190 Zeta handguards with built in turn signals for cheap, let me know.
What color?

How much?
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 12:57 am

ramz wrote:
Quote :
Anyone want some lightly used Highway Dirtbike Handguards 619190 Zeta handguards with built in turn signals for cheap, let me know.
What color?

How much?

Check out my for sale thread for details and photo

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/for-sale-wanted-f8/zeta-armored-handguards-turn-signals-t1650.htm#14963
Back to top Go down
Addicted

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Wow, I want those mirros. They don't seem to sell them separately Highway Dirtbike Handguards 342500
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 6:19 pm

Addicted wrote:
Wow, I want those mirros. They don't seem to sell them separately Highway Dirtbike Handguards 342500

So just sell the inferior junk you got on your bike now (like I did), and buy the whole kit. It is the poop. That's for sure.
Back to top Go down
ekahwaty

ekahwaty

PostSubject: Highway Dirt Bikes Handguards with Mirror and Pro Taper Bars   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 7:06 pm

My notes regarding installation of HDB Billet Handguards and Mirrors on 2010 WR250R. This assumes a purchase of handguards, new pre-tapped handlebar, and mirrors from Highway Dirt Bikes.

Parts Ordered from HDB:

Yamaha Handguard Set (Standard)
100x38/40mm Top Clamp (AX Top Clamp Shown)
Pro Taper Woods High Bend Platinum Bars
12mm Bolt Lower Clamp Tall (2 1/8")
Two Mirrors

Tools and Supplies:

Phillips Screwdriver
Metric Hex Keys
Compressed Air Gun
Hack Saw and Razor
Round File and Sandpaper
Metric Socket Set
Grip Glue
Cable Ties (Pro Taper Bars too large for stock cable ties)
Yamaha Plug Part 90338-09012-00 - Qty 2 required
Dremel to remove projections if needed

Disassembly

1. Secure bike to stand.
2. Remove
Cable Ties from Handlebar on Left and Right
Front Brake Switch
Clutch Switch
3. Remove Left Handlebar Grip - use compressed air gun
4. Remove Clutch Lever
5. Remove Brake Lever
6. Remove Left Handlebar Switch
7. Remove Right Handlebar Switch
8. Trim 1/8th inch of Throttle Tube with Hacksaw and Grip then Remove Throttle
9. Remove Upper Handlebar Holders
10. Remove Lower Handlebar Holders
11. De-burr throttle tube cut end with file or sandpaper
12. Remove projections from switches or cable housing or you will need to drill 5mm holes to insert them in the new handlebars.

Assembly

1. Install Lower Handlebar Holders - using stock washer and 12 mm nylok nuts
2. Align Handlebar in Lower Holders
3. Install Top Clamp
4. Install Brake Level - Do Not Fully Tighten
5. Install Clutch Level - Do Not Fully Tighten
6. Install Left Handlebar Switch - Do Not Fully Tighten
7. Install Right Handlebar Switch - Do Not Fully Tighten
8. Install Left Grip with grip adhesive then trim off end carefully with razor
9. Install Throttle on Bar - (may lightly lithium grease inside tube and bar; pre-wrap electrical tape under throttle cable housing if projection was removed, this ensures solid grip on new handlebar)
10. Install Swivel Bosses - Do Not Fully Tighten
11. Attach Swivel end of handguards - Do Not Fully Tighten
12. Attach Bar end of handguards - - Do Not Fully Tighten
13. Tighten all screws, bolts, and nuts in proper alignment
14. Attach Shields
15. Attach Mirrors
16. Connect Brake and Clutch Switches
17. Secure wires to bars using new cable ties
18. Plug empty mirror holes using Yamaha Plug Part 90338-09012-00
19. Allow grip glue to dry 8 hours before riding

Highway Dirtbike Handguards Dscn0512

Highway Dirtbike Handguards Dscn0511

Highway Dirtbike Handguards Dscn0513

Highway Dirtbike Handguards Dscn0514

I have learned a great deal from the postings on this forum. I hope this in turn proves useful to the group.

Kind Regards,
Back to top Go down
Ryan Nelson

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 4:00 am

Love the HDB stuff!

Highway Dirtbike Handguards 20100822-165050
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 2:59 pm

Nice looking set up here. One thing no one else has posted about is that front brake hose. That is one of the first things I changed on my 2r. I wish I could post pictures of my set up here, not savy enough for pictures. I have all stainless hose with a junction at the lower tripple tree. Flex happens below it and the stock bracket below. This eliminates that hose distraction and chance of interfering with other farkels on handlebars. Seems to be working fine. I have almost 7k miles on it now. Love the 2R cheers cheers poser2 usa Berwyn
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 6:28 pm

ekahwaty,

Great write up and much appreciated! This is exactly the setup I will be doing soon. Thank you very much!
With that setup there is room underneath for a future installation of a damper don't you think?

Ryan

That is an iPod controller bolted to the left side of the clamp in the trail pic?

rtr! --- (I will be down from Seattle with family in Tuscaloosa for the holidays.)

Berwyn,

Man what you have done is exactly what I want to do when I raise the bars. A firm brake feel is everything to me. Please, please post a pic and/or information of you sources if you found it pre-made. I know I can have them custom made though so pictures of what is working for you would be most helpful.

Back to top Go down
spadgitt

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 8:34 pm

Chief_Lee_Visceral wrote:

Ryan

That is an iPod controller bolted to the left side of the clamp in the trail pic?

rtr! --- (I will be down from Seattle with family in Tuscaloosa for the holidays.)

Ryan's slow (on reading the forum but fast as hell on his WRR.... ), Yes, that is an Ipod remote. HDB makes the mount and the controller is made by Schosche. I've got one on my WRR and it works great.

Uh, Ryan went to Auburn......so it's WDE for him.......... Very happy

Scott P.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 10:19 pm

You know I want to comment on the WDE but I won't and you know why :)
Back to top Go down
spadgitt

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 2:00 am

You know I want to comment on the WDE but I won't and you know why :)

I'm just a transplanted Texas Aggie here in Bammer..... I don't have a dog in that fight.
But I do know why you don't have a comment. I work with a bunch of Bama fans and they aren't saying much either...... Very happy

Scott P.
Back to top Go down
ekahwaty

ekahwaty

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 2:07 am

Chief, I think the damper would fit with the tall clamps....

[img]Highway Dirtbike Handguards Dscn0515[/img]
Back to top Go down
Ryan Nelson

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 3:22 pm

ekahwaty,

Ryan

Yes - as Scott said its a Scosche remote and works great.
http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID1/210/sfID2/324/productID/1821

Your ipod stays in your jacket but is controlled from the remote on the HDB mount.
Add some Skull Candy quiet earbuds.
I'll get another pick up soon of my HDB setup. I've got a switch and light installed on the HDB mount for my heated grips and it really worked out well.
War Eagle!
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 10:58 pm

Just placed my order. Beat Oregon for the SEC!
Back to top Go down
bash3r

bash3r

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:21 am

I love me some HDB!! I sent my rocker switch for my grip heaters out to Paul about a yr ago so he could get the top clamp matched up perfectly for these little rocker switches. From what he's said he's gotten a lot of other requests for them... glad I could help out! top notch products!

Highway Dirtbike Handguards 4762175507_4fa5810ac8_b
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:46 am

ekahwaty,

With that setup there is room underneath for a future installation of a damper don't you think?

Here is a pic from the HDB gallary of a set-up with damper.

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/Images/Gallery/DSCF6580.jpg
Back to top Go down
BWA

BWA

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:54 am

Dig the setup as well thumb

Hertz wrote:
Mind giving a ballpark figure of what the grand total for all that was?

+1
Back to top Go down
Ryan Nelson

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 4:39 pm

Here is a poor photo of my current setup:

Highway Dirtbike Handguards IMG_0705

Highway Dirtbike Handguards IMG_0707

The powerlet on the left is unswitched. I use it to hook up a battery tender, run a small air pump on the trail to fix flats, etc. The powerlet on the right is switched via a relay to the headlight. I run a heated jacket liner thru it.
The red button is a waterproof on/off switch from HDB which I'm using for heated grips. This circuit is also switched via a relay to the headlight. The blue led is an indicator light for the heated grips. LED sourced from ebay.

I'm using this setup to individually switch and fuse these circuits:
http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Products/Fuseboxes/3_Circuit/3_circuit.html

Works very well.
Back to top Go down
soggytire

soggytire

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:23 am

White HDB turn signals. I am very satisfied with the result. Now must try to take off the weight I just added.
Highway Dirtbike Handguards Pc300114

Highway Dirtbike Handguards Pc300115
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:46 am

I have the same coming. Where did the windscreen come from?
Back to top Go down
Dabo

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 3:10 pm

I have a WRR and I'm also going with the Highway dirtbike Handguards, but want to keep the stock overall height of the bars. My main concern is stretching out the cables.

Questions:
* Has anyone matched the existing setup with the fat bars and risers?
* I like the Henry bars, but to match the existing overall height I think I need to go with the 1 3/4" and the Woods low or Carmichael bend.
* Has anyone asked for a shorter bottom clamp to match the existing 1.4" clamp?
* I'm concerned the large top clamp will interfere with inserting the key if I go to low, any issues?

I've emailed Paul, but wanted to get advice from WRR riders before ordering.

Thanks for the help,

Dan
Back to top Go down
soggytire

soggytire

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:30 am

These mounted up very quickly with renthal no frills bars. The top plate is otter but still fits the key only one way.
As for the windshield, It is off a 90's ninja. I just customized some slots so the light mount holds it in.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:52 pm

Thanks soggy... installing the guard and signals this weekend. Don't go ride at Tahuya or Walker without a skid plate!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirtbike Handguards   Highway Dirtbike Handguards Empty

Back to top Go down

Highway Dirtbike Handguards
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next