Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WRR compared to CRF250X?

Go down 
+2
SheWolf
Enduro
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Enduro

WRR compared to CRF250X? Empty
PostSubject: WRR compared to CRF250X?   WRR compared to CRF250X? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 6:22 pm

Has anyone owned both? I currently have a 2007 crf250x and am thinking of moving to a wrr for less maintenance and more street riding. I'm mainly concerned w/ how the low/mid range power and suspension compare and if the extra weight hampers rocky single track type riding. My 250x has the best off-road suspension of any bike I've ever owned and the mid range power hits pretty hard for a 250.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: WRR compared to CRF250X?   WRR compared to CRF250X? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Haven't tried the CRF-X, but did the CRF-R. The R² had absolutely no troubles going up steep rocky single track. As for the power in mid-range I can't complain anywhere really, across the entire threshold. Mind you I've modded it and did some gearing changes but it certainly takes whatever I throw at it, and then some. The suspension, to me isn't a problem but for the bigger guys some have had it revalved. It isn't a full blown MX'er so the suspension isn't as hi tech as a race bike, but it certainly isn't a slouch either. WRR compared to CRF250X? 61865

Max Pwr

PostSubject: Re: WRR compared to CRF250X?   WRR compared to CRF250X? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:37 am

I ride with a bloke who is on an '07 CRF250R and my '08 WRR def. holds it's own against the Honda. As mentioned above, if you're anything over 70Kg you may want to have the suspension revavled but it really depends on what type of riding you do. I also went down a tooth on the countershaft sprocket (front sp.) and also cannot complain about delovery throughout the entire range. This really is a go anywhere, do anything bike.  And what's more, it's a YAMAHA, not a stinking red Honda.....lol!
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: WRR compared to CRF250X?   WRR compared to CRF250X? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 2:52 am

I owned both! Stock for Stock, The CRF250X is more powerful than the WR250X/R (I own the WR250X). It has a more power everywhere, but its probably due to the WR250X emissions, and exhaust, and mapping, etc. ...BUT... I Love the WR250X MORE than the CRF250X for a few reasons...
1) Wider Transmission Ratio, PERFECT for street riding!, Infact, drop a tooth in the front! Great for on or off road! and plenty of speed
2) Less maintenance, less valve adjusting, more riding
3) Better Brakes (at least the X model had nice wave rotors, and a huge front caliper, R model does not have the oversized rotor or caliper)
4) Six Speed Transmission (CRF only has 5)
5) Fuel Injection! Runs perfect in Cold or Hot weather, starts right up everytime!

CRF250X advantages
1) Separate transmission and engine oil
2) More power stock

With some mods on the WR250X/R (drop a tooth in front, fuel programmer, new exhaust) you can have a nice powered machine which is great for street and off road, overall the WR250X/R is a superior machine for on/off road
Back to top Go down
Max Pwr

Max Pwr

PostSubject: Re: WRR compared to CRF250X?   WRR compared to CRF250X? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 5:31 am

That's a big 10-4 12oclocker.... +1 on your verdict, hit the nail right on the head
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: WRR compared to CRF250X?   WRR compared to CRF250X? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:51 pm

Enduro: We have both.

Not so much a 1:1 comparison, but you answered your own questions WRT desires and identified the perfect solution.

Not so sure I equate:
- maintenance into less riding
- FI equate to starting everytime
- comparison of "X" brakes to an "R"s.
- Trans ratio to 6 gears vs 5.

I would not suggest, and you shouldn't expect your love for the CRFx to correlate perfectly to the WRR. If it did you wouldn't need a dual sport.

There is overlap and benefit of both on opposite ends of the spectrum. You won't be disappointed I can tell you that.
Back to top Go down
Enduro

PostSubject: Re: WRR compared to CRF250X?   WRR compared to CRF250X? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 8:31 am

Thanks everyone for the great info, that's just what I was looking for. I'm starting to lean more and more towards BLUE!
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Nice Rumble

Nice Rumble

PostSubject: Re: WRR compared to CRF250X?   WRR compared to CRF250X? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:09 pm

Weight is a major factor with the WR vs. the X. The X feels like a feather compared to the WR. For technical riding there is no comparison. The X wins hands down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WRR compared to CRF250X?   WRR compared to CRF250X? Empty

Back to top Go down

WRR compared to CRF250X?
Page 1 of 1