Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
clint

Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install Empty
PostSubject: Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install   Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 1:18 am

So I got my order in from Forest at Wheeling Cycle Supply (great company!) and looked inside to find my Zeta Skid Plate, Carbon Fiber Frame Protectors, and that ProMoto tail rack that Forest sells for our bikes.

The Frame protectors went on pretty darned easily but I was afraid to really torque the bolts back down for fear of breaking the protectors, lol.
Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install XkOt4Ayh0ngAABOED-wAAAAK-95438

Then I looked at the Tail Rack from ProMoto...ahh, what can I say...there's nothing like taking a drill to a brand new bike so I set about installing the tail rack.
Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install T2sNNwyh0ngAAEK4AGQAAAAO-60339

First thing I noticed...the Yammy is much easier to work on than my KLX250. 2 bolts allowed the removal of the seat and the rear fender, while it takes 8 for the Kawasaki.

Second thing I noticed...I did not have the requisite 5/8" drill bit for the spacers so I had to get jiggy wit the 1/2" and auger out the holes in the rear fender a bit to get the spacers to fit.

Third thing I noticed...it's a PITA to get those 4 long-assed bolts to line up and thread into the welded on nuts that the rack mounts to. Two would go, two would not, I'd remove one and get another one to start threading then the one I removed wouldn't thread...was a bit frustrating until I broke out my computer toolkit and used the small screwdrivers as pegs to line up the holes so that the screws would go through the rack, spacer, frame, then thread into the nut. Once I did that it went very smooth.

I then installed the CoreTech tail bag I mentioned in the other thread (here's a pic of it) I only bought the tail bag, not the ones on the side. It's got a ton of room, is waterproof (with the cover on it) and is expandable enough to hold a buttload of stuff! (I like it much!)
Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install C_43_1_n_0

I wish I'd taken some pics, but my android was very low on battery power.

I still have to install the Zeta Skid Plate tomorrow.

I worked all day at my normal job then went to work on the bike and the motorcycle trailer I've been refurbishing and totally forgot about the time. When I looked up this evening, it was 11pm so I made haste for home and a warm shower. Will be sure to take some pics tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
stallspeed

PostSubject: Re: Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install   Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:14 am

Clint, let's see a pic of the coretech tail bag on the bike. How much does it hang off/how does it fit on the tail rack? I have the same one.
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install   Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 7:17 pm

stallspeed wrote:
Clint, let's see a pic of the coretech tail bag on the bike. How much does it hang off/how does it fit on the tail rack? I have the same one.

Here are some pics I took today from our little scouting trip to Sugar Creek ATV Club north of Millington, TN

Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install Img0679dy.th

Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install Img0673cn.th

Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install Img0658o.th

Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install Img0659t.th

The bag fits great, once I figured out how to mount it in a NOT backwards way LOL. It held 2 jackets, 6 bottles of water, my Android and Camera, an extra shirt, and had room left over once I expanded the sides. It also holds up well when grabbing air with my admittedly large ass.

Back to top Go down
malibu_dan

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Re: Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install   Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:08 pm

Where's this watering hole at, Clint? Or are we gonna have to ride there with ya to see it?

Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install Img0673cn
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install   Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 1:57 pm

malibu_dan wrote:
Where's this watering hole at, Clint? Or are we gonna have to ride there with ya to see it?

TN-59/TN-59 W Drummond, TN 38024

(description below was taken from another site)
About Sugar Creek Trails
Sugar Creek Trails ATV Club offers a great family environment with a ton of trail variety for the ATV rider. Every type of ATV from freestyle motocross to sandrails, dirt bikes, three wheelers, and four wheelers will find all types of challenging trails to ride on. For your enjoyment there is motocross track, drag strip, mud bog, several trails (many more created weekly by our members), and a creek to play in. They have 300 acres, and camping and night riding are available with permission only

It's $10 per adult per day.

Location on Google Maps
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=10140024673994398289,35.503485,-89.912025&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=Memphis,+TN&daddr=35.5054,-89.911079&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=12&sll=35.477167,-89.898033&sspn=0.138953,0.275345&ie=UTF8&ll=35.477167,-89.898033&spn=0.138953,0.275345&om=1

Link to their web page (web page still under construction)
http://sugarcreekatvclub.com/
Back to top Go down
slolane

slolane

PostSubject: Re: Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install   Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:08 pm

Look like fun there. I really like the Promoto rack and CoreTech tail bag... gonna have to look into that for sure.

Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install 61865
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install   Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:57 am

malibu_dan wrote:

Here are some more pics of that particular small ravine. Plenty of fun there if you avoid the washed out ditch, lol

Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install Img0666a.th
Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install Img0663h.th
Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install Img0665e.th
Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install Img0667j.th
Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install Img0664kn.th
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install   Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 12:12 pm

Awesome! No wonder you have so much fun there, Clint! Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install 61865

PostSubject: Re: Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install   Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install Empty

Back to top Go down

Frame Protectors, and ProMoto Tail Rack install
Page 1 of 1