Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

broken throttle hand

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jason meacham

jason meacham

broken throttle hand Empty
PostSubject: broken throttle hand   broken throttle hand EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 10:58 pm

Looks like I'm out of comission for a few weeks. I broke a bone in my right hand on sunday.this sucks,, I hope I can at least ride on the street in a few weeks, broken throttle hand 342500
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: broken throttle hand   broken throttle hand EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:00 pm

I broke my throttle wrist a couple days before labor day weekend last year and cut my already short MN riding season even shorter. hope you heal up and recover quick.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: broken throttle hand   broken throttle hand EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:23 pm

Crap, that blows, Jay! Hopefully you are a fast healer and you can get onto the tarmac for some rides. Ugh...and right when the season is starting. broken throttle hand 490865

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: broken throttle hand   broken throttle hand EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 8:34 pm

Real men ride with broken bones. ...unfortunately, the same real men suffer severely from arthritis from doing it.

I broke my proximal annulus phalanges last week. It hurts... I'm still riding. Rode all this week and around town yesterday. I can also feel my one of my three previous clavicle breaks from the same fall.

Go figure, I can ride okay, but it hurts terribly to wash my hands (that motion/pressure). ...as long as I don't grab too hard it feels okay.

Not much fun though. I agree. Get better.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: broken throttle hand   broken throttle hand EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 9:21 pm

The crappy thing about those breaks is that they can't really cast them. DId they stick that stupid plastic splint on it? broken throttle hand Icon_rolleyes

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: broken throttle hand   broken throttle hand EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 10:31 pm

SheWolf wrote:
The crappy thing about those breaks is that they can't really cast them. DId they stick that stupid plastic splint on it? broken throttle hand Icon_rolleyes

Exactly... ...and the plastic splint. It's there so you don't bang your finger (which you do anyways because it's like having the proverbial sore thumb).

All it does is transfer the energy back to your wrist where it's taped-off.

So if it is a metacarpal or a phalanges, it may take longer to heal, but you're just as well off riding (sans the pain equation).

Having broken each once, I can tell you that wrists are a different thing.
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: broken throttle hand   broken throttle hand EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:56 pm

I broke my left wrist last fall. Didn't ride for three solid months broken throttle hand 490865
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: broken throttle hand   broken throttle hand Empty

Back to top Go down

broken throttle hand
Page 1 of 1