Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Satellite Pic of motocross track

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnite171

Midnite171

Satellite Pic of motocross track Empty
PostSubject: Satellite Pic of motocross track   Satellite Pic of motocross track EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 8:59 pm

Here is/was my most favorite place to ride on my CR 250. Although I still love this place, I love having more options now that I have my R2. This is actually a semi secret, professional quality designed and maintained track in Massachusetts USA. Plenty of huge jumps, berms and whoops. My WR250R doesn't blast quite as much as my old CR but it holds it's own.

Satellite Pic of motocross track Track01

Satellite Pic of motocross track Track03
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Pic of motocross track   Satellite Pic of motocross track EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:15 pm

Wow... Show me where you found the sat pic site where you found those !

Looks like shots from a plane !

How long ? 1.2 miles ? (Estimating)
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Pic of motocross track   Satellite Pic of motocross track EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:30 am

This view is from Bing Maps using the birds eye view. It's awesome. You are right, this track is probably about a mile long. It is HUGE. I've only had my R2 for about a month now and I've only been to this track once ($40 for day pass) so next time I go, I will use my tripometer to see exactly how long it is.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Pic of motocross track   Satellite Pic of motocross track EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:51 am

Well yea... ...and take some pics too.

$40 is pretty pricey. There must be a lot of people using it.

I hope it's perfectly graded and has shade and misters and umbrella girls by my truck !

I'll go look for the "free" track here and post it up. It's insane.

You do a screen shot and trim it some how ?
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Pic of motocross track   Satellite Pic of motocross track EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:45 pm

Well it unfortunately doesn't have any umbrella girls serving Gatorade in the shade but it's got plenty of shady areas to park your truck and you will see a hot dog or a lemonade truck in there sometimes. It's actually a sand and gravel pit and the owner figured out a way to earn some good money by making a track and charging a hefty fee. Usually when I went there (on my CR) I would go with a few guys and trucks and spend the day but now that I have my R2, it would be good to just spend maybe $10 to go blast around for an hour. Like I said I have only been there once since I got my R2 because the $40 is being spent on some much needed bike mods. But the track has about 8 massive table top jumps, and a couple doubles. The dirt is really nice and dark and is groomed and watered 2-3 times a week. The guy does not promote this place, it's mostly by word of mouth.

I have a Mac and I use the "grab" utility to capture anything that is on my computer screen and save it as a picture. You should see this picture in actual size!!!
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Pic of motocross track   Satellite Pic of motocross track EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:01 pm

BTW, the tiny little yellow thing in the little puddle is actually a HUGE tractor/front end loader. (Just so you can tell the overall size of the track.)
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Pic of motocross track   Satellite Pic of motocross track EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 4:21 pm

Looks like fun. Nothin like that around here. Just woods, woods, and more woods.

For those of you who have never heard of this before: http://earth.google.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Satellite Pic of motocross track   Satellite Pic of motocross track Empty

Back to top Go down

Satellite Pic of motocross track
Page 1 of 1