Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My all-time favorite picture

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
njbill

njbill

My all-time favorite picture Empty
PostSubject: My all-time favorite picture   My all-time favorite picture EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:32 pm

This was taken five years ago but it is still my favorite. Next to me is my friend Carl. When this picture was taken, I was 41 and Carl was 40 years older... and still riding dirt bikes in the woods. That is right; in this picture, Carl was 81 years old and we were preparing for a ride in the woods. We even rode single track with him. When he crashed, which he did often, he needed help picking-up his XT225 but he never complained. Carl is still living but he had a stroke later that year and was told by his doctor to "stop riding dirt bikes." This picture has been my screen saver at work for the past five years. Go Carl.

My all-time favorite picture Image035

Last edited by njbill on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: My all-time favorite picture   My all-time favorite picture EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi Njbill:

While not my favorite pics as those include my son, the following are my favorite bike pics :)

At the BMW F 800 GS Press Launch in Moab, Utah...

My all-time favorite picture F_800_GS_on_a_cliff
Overlook from the shadows.

My all-time favorite picture F_800_GS_at_a_mountain_lake
At a Mountain Lake.

My all-time favorite picture 2009_F_800_GS_off-road
An acquaintance of mine, Jonathan Beck taking the 800 GS off a cliff...

My all-time favorite picture 4_F_800_GS_in_Tunisia_Desert
2009 GS Trophy in Tunisia - Japanese riders having a tough go of it.

Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: My all-time favorite picture   My all-time favorite picture EmptyTue May 04, 2010 7:50 pm

That's awesome! GO CARL! Good for him for being able to do what he loved for so long. I wish him the best. thumb
Back to top Go down
MrGreenjeans

PostSubject: Good Man   My all-time favorite picture EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 11:00 am

NJBill, you are a good man. Respect and admiration for our elders. Very Cool!
Back to top Go down
everett

everett

PostSubject: Re: My all-time favorite picture   My all-time favorite picture EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 10:40 am

You don't stop riding cause you get old. You get old cause you stop riding.

njbill wrote:
This was taken five years ago but it is still my favorite. Next to me is my friend Carl. When this picture was taken, I was 41 and Carl was 40 years older... and still riding dirt bikes in the woods. That is right; in this picture, Carl was 81 years old and we were preparing for a ride in the woods. We even rode single track with him. When he crashed, which he did often, he needed help picking-up his XT225 but he never complained. Carl is still living but he had a stroke later that year and was told by his doctor to "stop riding dirt bikes." This picture has been my screen saver at work for the past five years. Go Carl.

My all-time favorite picture Image035
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My all-time favorite picture   My all-time favorite picture Empty

Back to top Go down

My all-time favorite picture
Page 1 of 1