Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

rubber footpegs?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NorgeWR2X

rubber footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: rubber footpegs?   rubber footpegs? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:57 pm

hi i think i saw a pic here and this guy has some "oem looking" rubber pads mounted on the stock footpegs. i can't find the pic now but does anyone know where to get these rubber pads? i ride mostly on the street and would like to conserve my boots. the stock pegs look like it's got every sharp teeth. thanks.
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

rubber footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubber footpegs?   rubber footpegs? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:03 pm

you could always try and use plasti-dip on them.
Back to top Go down
NorgeWR2X

rubber footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubber footpegs?   rubber footpegs? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:06 pm

Matty wrote:

hmmm... i believe plasti-dip is very thin and surely won't last that long. spraying 100 coats would take forever lol
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

rubber footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubber footpegs?   rubber footpegs? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 6:52 pm

NorgeWR2X wrote:
Matty wrote:

hmmm... i believe plasti-dip is very thin and surely won't last that long. spraying 100 coats would take forever lol

Hey, it was a thought. lol.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

rubber footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubber footpegs?   rubber footpegs? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:35 pm

Norge: If you ride in silt, sand, mud or water you'll want that grip. Rubber can be slippery. You do NOT want your feet to slip off the pegs when trying to leverage the bike.

Most boot's soles can withstand the points on the pegs, however you could always dull the points with a file, dremel (etc).

I have not seen any aftermarket or improvised rubber pegs on any of the posts in this, or other forums for the WR. KTM does make some "Rally" pegs. You'd have to determine if they are interchangeable/adaptable to the WR.

I'll go take a look at the (KTM/Yam) scoots in the garage and get back to ya.
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

rubber footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubber footpegs?   rubber footpegs? EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:04 pm

Hi NorgeWR2X:

I have been looking for the same for a few weeks now as well. The KLX250SF comes with the rubber inserts on the stock metal toothed pegs and they do help lower vibration. I have not seen anything like them for the WR's yet? If you or anyone else finds a pair, please post it here.

rubber footpegs? 2010_Kawasaki_KLX250SF_Rubber_Peg_inserts
Kawasaki KLX250SF OEM Rubber Peg inserts.

Thanks in advance

Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

rubber footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubber footpegs?   rubber footpegs? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:18 am

NorgeWR2X wrote:
hi i think i saw a pic here and this guy has some "oem looking" rubber pads mounted on the stock footpegs. i can't find the pic now but does anyone know where to get these rubber pads? i ride mostly on the street and would like to conserve my boots. the stock pegs look like it's got every sharp teeth. thanks.
I'm sure this would be easy to fabricate at home, or maybe bastardise some footpegs from another bike?
Whatever, I have really cheap cr*p boots (not even MX) & they don't show any marks yet. Also, I commute with HiTech hiking shoes (workwear), & they are almost glued to the pegs - interesting at traffic lights!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rubber footpegs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: rubber footpegs?   rubber footpegs? Empty

Back to top Go down

rubber footpegs?
Page 1 of 1