Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?

Go down 
+12
madmmmike
adamcarp
andy mac
Trailmoto
PonchoV
dtx
mattf
WRRSam
Tammy
SheWolf
X-Racer
ZED
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:55 pm

Tammy wrote:
I work with old people that have lots of money and they are always cry`n about they wished they did this or that. Lots of people don't really live they just fall into line and walk with all the others..

Yeahhh...I've never been able to do that. I march to the beat of my own drum and do stuff others are like... eeek

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:00 pm

Only way to live.
I'm betting you got a lot of "you can't do that your a girl" but ran right out and did it anyways wings
My father wished he never said them words to me....
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:24 pm

Yep, I do...I still get a good jaw drop effect when I jump into a piece of heavy machinery and run it with a bunch of guys standing around. I just laugh and tell them it's just a big version of a Tonka toy. Barbie? Who's that? puke

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:31 pm

No Tonka's for me but I had Barbie's remember taking my brothers GI Joe and pulling the hair off it's face so it would look like Ken LOL Barbie had lots of boy friends poser2 Brothers not so happy tho dddog
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:13 pm

hey stuff happens at the track. We had a his and her huck fest this weekend,we each dumpeded it in turn two.
Going to run the x next time in the TT,can be found at www.ecraceway.com In the eastern ny area. no ama,no safety wire,tape/remove lights and kickstand.
I can stripp my x in under 30 min,an r will need smooth tires,like the avon am43/44 or kenda k761 or like type. This is cheep and low impact ! And more fun than we should have on a under gunned street bike ! :)
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 6:16 am

I raced the WRR again last weekend in a cross country race. The dead engine start ment that I was always 1st started being the only FI bike and normally about 3rd into the first corner. On the first of the 25km laps I hit a tree and bent the colant bottle frame back as well as ripping the plastic shroud this dropped me a few overall positions but I managged to get the slowest and heavyest bike into 14th position out of 24. The only other WRR there was being ridden by a sweep.
Back to top Go down
andy mac

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 7:11 am

Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 204616 Well done Sam. I want to do some races sometime but until I can do the A loops on organised trailrides, I'm still practising.
Back to top Go down
adamcarp

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:35 am

I have been racing my WRR out in california in the D36 hare scrambles and cross country races. The only limiting factor is the rider. The bike runs awesome, I would like to improve the suspension next.
Back to top Go down
madmmmike

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 3:55 am

I agree, the biggest limiting factor to 80-90% of riders is the rider themselves.

I ran my underpowered, "poorly suspended" heavy WR at endurance ice races last year, and in a 3 hr tin man event, against 450's, 525's, 530's, (all KTM's) I made pulled 1st, untill they fixed a lap counting error, which bumped me to second.......not too shabby considering the little 250 runs a 7km per lap track at a slower pace than any of those other bikes.
I was prepared physically, mentally, and whatevered as much as I could possibly be to pull that finish.

I've also run my bike in harescrambles and find it to work fine, (albiet heavy).......

The just of it all is I can't own everything I want, but I can have allot of fun on this thing, and do most things, so I'll just give 'er, and have as much fun with the resources I've been blessed with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljarUlO2N0Q

me starting behind everyone at a 16 bike redneck supermoto race, all MX bikes except for me and a BMW G450x
all factors considered, the start was pretty good for me, (camera batt died for the race) but placed ok in the race too.....was a good time....
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:18 am

Tammy wrote:

Going to look into mounting a 02 tank on my bars so I can keep going. I think if I can get the oxygen in me before I lung out I can go like hell for the 80 miles I need to...

NO2 injection for the rider!
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 12:03 am

madmmmike wrote:

I ran my underpowered, "poorly suspended" heavy WR at endurance ice races last year, and in a 3 hr tin man event, against 450's, 525's, 530's, (all KTM's) I made pulled 1st, untill they fixed a lap counting error, which bumped me to second.......not too shabby considering the little 250 runs a 7km per lap track at a slower pace than any of those other bikes.
I was prepared physically, mentally, and whatevered as much as I could possibly be to pull that finish.

Yes, but that's because the WR handles so much better than those pesky KTM's. Very happy amazon

No ICE races for me. I don't have enough heated gear. Maybe we'll get some super motard races this year when I'm actually around.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:38 am

http://www.marcelfournier.ca/index-en.php
Tried a set of these candian type tires last week,guess i need to move north !!
Got a lead on a set from last year,may jump on them. that will make the wr move !
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Well it was a long yr and I got real sick at the end. I DNF the 3rd to last run and did not make the last 2 races. I missed first place by 7 points. Had I made one more race I would of taking first...

First yr racing enduro's. At the start is was down to 65% lung cap, 44% function by the end of Oct, I lost 500ml of lung cap. Dec they took a 3rd on my right lung putting me under 50% lung cap and 30% function. Oh and I'm 47 LOL

So if you look at what I had to work with the WRr really did a good job. One thing it did better then any other bike is I never had to work on it. It's started right up. It was low on power so it would walk up anything without spinning the hell out of the real wheel.. Less power made it east to ride in some ways but hard in others...

If you race or have raced you know what I'm say`n when I say I got bit. For you that don't know it's so hard to go to one race and stop. The people you meet, the friends you make and just being on the bike without a care is the best.
When I road raced it was fun but I think the off road group is more of a family and there is more to pull you in and keep you..

2011 was going to be a better yr for me. After they took that 3rd of my right lung I could not make it to my 3rd floor Apt without feeling like I was hit so hard it knock the wind out of me.. Feb came and I felt the same so I ran out and got a new 08 WR250F. The power and 40 lbs lighter had to help me follow my dreams and race another yr..

This bike is so sweet. I'm so much faster on it and can ride a lot harder but my body can only do so much. I really love the new bike but I do miss the R. I miss going out and making it do something it was not made to do and to keep up with bigger and better bikes. At the end of the day it was my body that held me back more then the R did.

I'm still a really sick girl and don't think I'll be winning much this yr or any other yr but the lil R open up a new world for me. It also keep me from sitting around and made me work out my lungs to the point that they work a lil better cuz of it..

If you got a R race it. If you have a R and a F like me race the F cuz it's just so much Fing fun..
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 9:35 am

Well you've certainly shown us what a WR can do.

Good job on finding a new tool for the job to let you keep going. thumb
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:06 pm

excellant write up Tammy. I'm still impressed with what you've done and continue to do, thanks in part to the attitude you have.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:43 pm

If you where told your time was cut but did not know how long you really have or what kind of life your going to live you find out real fast that you really need to live for today LOL

I thank God everyday that I ride. We all know what riding does for us and we all know what kind of people ride and when you put them both together you have happy people with awesome friends.. Hard to have a bad attitude with that working for ya....

In May my club has are Enduro. I was giving my own section to clean up and arrow and run sweep on race day. They gave me a 10 mile section that has not been on in yrs. So it needs a lot of work and they gave it to me so I was like how cool is that. There is so much that goes into putting on a Enduro that is not seen and to me it's a lot of fun being apart of it all..
Call me crazy I'm just nuts about everything that comes with motorcycles...

Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:22 am

I'm married to a cancer survivor and she does some wicked stuff like learning to SCUBA dive, dirtbike/dual sport, snowboard and jumping out of perfectly good airplanes at age fifty(50).

She started riding when we started dating; First on a CR230F, and now on three other bikes we have for her (the CRF250x, an SV650s and the WR250R). She WANTS the WR450F, but really that bike and her is probably not a good fit. ...but we'll see, she's out there sitting on it sizing it up. There ain't no "Ain't" in her vocabulary.

There's no "Ain't" in yours either..... Cheers to you Tammy... You go girl.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 10:26 pm

She does not need a 450. Get her a WR250F and unplug it and she will be one happy girl I know I am...
This bike is so sweet out in the woods... But if she is a cancer survivor I think she will do just fine on a 450...
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Tammy, what Enduro club are you associated with? I was thinking about joining a club and riding a few this year. I ride in B. Byrne and Wharton every weekend as well as some of the dual sport rides in the area. My favorite so far was the Hammer Run. What a fantastic ride! Anyway, any more info you could give would be great. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:02 pm

Trav,
I'm with CJCR
You don't need to be in a club to race but you will need to be in a club to get points...

I think everyone that rides the woods in NJ should be in a club. You would be helping out with Enduro's and your one more person to help in the fight to keep land open to us ALL and as you know that is under fire right now in NJ..

I ride down in BB cuz that is where CJCR has are Enduro's.. I would be more then happy to get you into CJCR if you like. OCCR is another club that rides BB and is also a good club to be apart of..

I wish more riders would think of joining a club..

How are you in the rocks???

We have a really fun weekend in May in PA. Camp, food, lots to drink, and 2 rides.. 1 street and 1 dirt. The dirt is crazy fun. Last yr it took 4 hr's to go 9 miles LOL When don't you can talk shit about riding rocks with anyone this that crazy...
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 10:37 pm

Tammy,
I like reading what you have to say.
I am in agreement 100%
In the past "24yrs ago" I raced motocross.
In the interim sufferd more work related injuries than anybody would believe.
Had my own parking place in ICU.
Got my WRR March of 2010 raced the desert 100 in April.
My old running mate passed away several years ago.
His two boys and I are racing Virginia City Grand Prix at the end of this month.
While I agree the WR is not a race bike. It is easy to ride and one thing I learned years ago. Riding smart is riding faster.
Hope to read more of your riding adventures.
Oh, you can sign up at the race in Virginia City Nevada when you get there. Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 61865
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Sad to say but I think my racing days are over. Well running for points that is. Even on the F "so easy to ride over the R" I lungout way too fast.. I was out Sunday doing stuff I should not of been doing on this bike and had about 75 feet to go before I was safe and down on the easy stuff and I blacked out and fell off the bike down a really bad hill with lots of big rocks..

Took some skin off my arm and my leg is black and blue.. I'm good to go for next weekend but when your only running on 30% of 2 really bad lungs with a 3rd of one missing and more going to be miss soon down the road there is only so much you can do dddog

I'm not giving up just say`n it's only going to get a lot harder from this point on... The stuff we did was hands down AA stuff at a C pace. One log I hit a bit to slow and had both tires a foot off the ground.. The jetting on the F is a bit of down low and sometimes I'll gas it and it will just fall flat on it's face.. I got a YZ pipe for it so I'll get the jetting right after I put that one and that should help out...

I will say this. May it be the WR250 R or F the WR is a bike not to be looked down on at all...

My R with me on it did everything all my buddys KTMs could do even the 450's and it needs less work to keep it going. Top end on the R was more then any real Enduro bike could keep up with once you got it there...

The F with me on it is on the ass of my buddys KTM450 all day and on hills I pass he every time. Top end he can't even go there. I got the F up to 84 on the freeway yesterday and it pulled hard all the way

They do every thing they can to keep in front of me. They say my tire kicks up way too much rock for them I tell them it's not the tire it's the WR and they just get pissed...

The WR250R was so low on power but had just what it needed to get the job done that it would go up any hill I asked it to and I never got stuck.. Some of the bigger bikes or better bikes would roost so bad or flip so easy I was always first up.If I had only one bike to pick to take a rocky hill I would pick the R over any tho the F is fun as hell going up or down big rocky hills..

You may see more of the other color but to me you can't beat a WR250F out in the woods.

+ they are easy to work on get parts and need a lot less work...
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:53 pm

I rode in BB on Saturday with another R, a 2-stroke Honda 250 and a KTM 300 2-stroke. The only bike I could not keep up with was the KTM. It was was not all because of the bike(OK, well maybe a lot of it) but the rider had major skills as well! (previous enduro/hair scramble racer) I usually never have any problems keeping up with anyone. Hell, they sometimes have problems keeping up with me. I ride this slow bike as fast as it will go and over obstacles that a lot of others would have trouble with. After all that, I jump on it Monday morning and ride it work. It's just a great all around little bike.

Tammy, next time you ride in Wharton/BB let me know. I'd like to ride with you sometime.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:25 pm

Trav,
May 1st in my Enduro. come down to BB on Sat and get a ECEA card and run the Enduro. I'm the Section leader for the first 10 miles and boy is it going to be a fun run.. Need your AMA card but if you don't have one you can get one on Sat...

Riding the sand you need to ride the rocks up by me and the stuff we ride in PA.. Tuff but fun...

Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:33 pm

Oh, that sounds like fun! Anymore details? I already have my AMA card so that part is taken care of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?   Anyone raced their WRX or WRR? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone raced their WRX or WRR?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next