Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

'Custom' Leo Vince exhaust is on its way

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark

Dark

'Custom' Leo Vince exhaust is on its way Empty
PostSubject: 'Custom' Leo Vince exhaust is on its way   'Custom' Leo Vince exhaust is on its way EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:16 pm

So today I had my shop call Leo Vince to inquire about mix-matching a kit for the WRX (I don't personally care for the large can that comes in the LV WRX kit).

What I ended up ordering is the complete WRX mid-pipe and hardware kit (bolts/carbon shield/etc) and the shorty SBK muffler from a CBR.

I inquired about the carbon SBK muffler but both LV and the shop owner warned me that carbon mufflers hate 'thumpers' and that the extra heat from the turbo will also contribute to added wear...so with those comments I opt'd for the cheaper aluminum shorty SBK muffler.

Items are due in next week, I will take pictures of everything before and after installation. I will also get some sound clips.

LV wants me to send them the pictures as well and if there's enough interest they may offer the kit to others. Being that the can is shorter you can expect it to be louder without the silencer/db killer.

The WRX LV exhaust:
'Custom' Leo Vince exhaust is on its way FD_3688_1.sized

The LV muffler I will be using will look similar to this but slightly shorter:
'Custom' Leo Vince exhaust is on its way Leo_Vince_Oval_Evo2_AL_Cone_Ninj250_R_Kawasaki_Ninja_250_R_08_09_detail
Back to top Go down
texasreb

PostSubject: Re: 'Custom' Leo Vince exhaust is on its way   'Custom' Leo Vince exhaust is on its way EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:08 pm

Do tell us how loud it is when you install it. The Leo Vince is on my short list of pipes to buy.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: 'Custom' Leo Vince exhaust is on its way   'Custom' Leo Vince exhaust is on its way EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:25 pm

Dark wrote:

I inquired about the carbon SBK muffler but both LV and the shop owner warned me that carbon mufflers hate 'thumpers' and that the extra heat from the turbo will also contribute to added wear...so with those comments I opt'd for the cheaper aluminum shorty SBK muffler.

Turbo?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Custom' Leo Vince exhaust is on its way   'Custom' Leo Vince exhaust is on its way Empty

Back to top Go down

'Custom' Leo Vince exhaust is on its way
Page 1 of 1