Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Continental TKC80 tyres

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LPB

Continental TKC80 tyres Empty
PostSubject: Continental TKC80 tyres   Continental TKC80 tyres EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 3:44 pm

I have just discovered that these are available in 17 inch so would fit the X. Would have to be a rear on the front as usual but they look a bit less knobbly than the MT21 so a bit better on tarmac.

Has anyone here tried them?
Lloyd.
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: Continental TKC80 tyres   Continental TKC80 tyres EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:53 pm

They are fantastic on road-oriented heavy adventure bikes. Should last a good while on the X. They are pretty stiff.
Back to top Go down
LPB

PostSubject: Re: Continental TKC80 tyres   Continental TKC80 tyres EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:17 pm

I think I will give them a try.

I plan to put a 120/90 17 on the front and a 130/80 17 on the rear.

Am I correct in saying they will fit ok?
Lloyd.
Back to top Go down
Superchimp

Superchimp

PostSubject: Re: Continental TKC80 tyres   Continental TKC80 tyres EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:00 am

Did anyone try Continental ContiEscape?
I'm planning to buy those for my WRX.
140/80-17 Rear and 120/90-17 Front. Will it fit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Continental TKC80 tyres   Continental TKC80 tyres EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 11:07 am

I used to ride Avon Distanzia tires. The supermotard verson's lifetime isn't as long as the dualsport's. But, still, i like this tire a lot. For the beginning of the season, i got the TKC80. 120/70-17 (front) and 140/80-17. The trails are still covered by snow over here. But, some gravel roads give a good idea of the performance of these tires. I'm just amazed. The main surprise was that the tires are not noisy even at highway speed. No vibrations was felt at any speed except at very slow speed, 10 km/h (6 mph) ans less. With the temperature around 7°C (44°F), i didn't push the tires on paved roads. A bit expensive, but if longevity is around 7 000 km (4300 miles), i'll be happy. If they give me around the same as the Distanzia (9000 km for the rear), the TKC will stay on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continental TKC80 tyres   Continental TKC80 tyres Empty

Back to top Go down

Continental TKC80 tyres
Page 1 of 1