Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My first tube tires, the confusion sets in...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

My first tube tires, the confusion sets in... Empty
PostSubject: My first tube tires, the confusion sets in...   My first tube tires, the confusion sets in... EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:10 pm

Hey all,

So, my WRR is the first tube tire bike I've ever owned (yeah, I know, I know...). I'm a little confused about tube sizing. For now I have the stock tires, which I don't hate, but I know I'll get something else in the future. I have to ride a minimum of 30 miles of highway to get to any real dirt, so I will be getting something with decent road wear, possibly the 606s. However, for now, I'm running the stock tires still, and would like to have some spare tubes, just to be safe.

I've taken a look on RMATV and like the heavy duty Bridgestone or MSR tubes. They come in various sizes, obviously, and I'm not sure what to order. Is it possible to get a tube that will fit and work well with the stock tires, but also fit the 606s? Or should I just get a set of tubes in the stock tire size and then buy another set when I upgrade my tires, to whatever sizes those might be?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: My first tube tires, the confusion sets in...   My first tube tires, the confusion sets in... EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:16 pm

I have the MSR HD tubes, front was a 2.75 or 3.00x21, rear was 110/100/18 if I remember correctly. Works fine in all of our tires sizes. I freaked out over tubes when I first starting looking at them too, but I've realized they just have to be close not identical to the stock size. Only reason I changed mine was corrosion on the valve stem from riding all winter and the front had been patched once already, both are now my spares.
Back to top Go down
R_Lefebvre

PostSubject: Re: My first tube tires, the confusion sets in...   My first tube tires, the confusion sets in... EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 3:10 pm

Yeah, I think the sizing is not that critical. Most guys only carry a spare 21" tube with them. If they are in BFE and have a flat on the rear, you can put the 21" in the 18" rear and it'll get you home. You wouldn't want to leave it like that, but it demonstrates that it's not that big of a deal.

When I changed my front tire from 110/70/17 to 120/90/17, I just used the same tube. I don't think it's a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first tube tires, the confusion sets in...   My first tube tires, the confusion sets in... Empty

Back to top Go down

My first tube tires, the confusion sets in...
Page 1 of 1