Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Vibes

Go down 
+10
edteamslr
Six8
texascycle
craigq
greer
mash100
SheWolf
inspector
WRoldman
M1A Rifleman
14 posters
AuthorMessage
M1A Rifleman

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Vibes   Vibes EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:13 pm

After riding an hour or so at 60-65 the vibes from the motor tend to make my right hand go numb and even tend to affect a leg at times. What do you all do or where to reduce the fatigue from the vibes?
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 1:08 pm

The stock steel bar does not help. The thicker wall of an aluminum bar seems to be better. Or you can check these out: http://www.barsnake.com/ .
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Do you wear a backpack? That was the only time I had my arm go numb...from it not being adjusted right.

*OK, i'm of no help. never had that problem.
Back to top Go down
M1A Rifleman

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 2:29 pm

inspector wrote:
Do you wear a backpack? That was the only time I had my arm go numb...from it not being adjusted right.

*OK, i'm of no help. never had that problem.

Yes, however I have the same issue when not wearing. I figured the vibes where just part of a single, but I thought I would ask.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 3:02 pm

I went with Renthal bars, added some ProGrip anti-vibration grips, and a Throttle Rocker.

mash100

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 5:19 am

M1A Rifleman wrote:
After riding an hour or so at 60-65 the vibes from the motor tend to make my right hand go numb and even tend to affect a leg at times. What do you all do or where to reduce the fatigue from the vibes?
Yeah, I get the same trouble - like a tingly sensation to BOTH hands. Right hand I guess maybe from vibes coming through the throttle cable(??); I broke my left hand 8 years ago, & this gets really stiff & aches after an hour or so riding , especially if its cold. Maybe aluminium bars are the answer - I've tried thicker gloves, so don't think changing to a softer grip would help. I haven't noticed vibes through my legs, but my butt....... Also, my right leg gets really hot from where the exhaust heats the frame.
Back to top Go down
M1A Rifleman

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 11:22 am

mash100 wrote:
M1A Rifleman wrote:
Yeah, I get the same trouble - like a tingly sensation to BOTH hands. Right hand I guess maybe from vibes coming through the throttle cable(??); I broke my left hand 8 years ago, & this gets really stiff & aches after an hour or so riding , especially if its cold. Maybe aluminium bars are the answer - I've tried thicker gloves, so don't think changing to a softer grip would help. I haven't noticed vibes through my legs, but my butt....... Also, my right leg gets really hot from where the exhaust heats the frame.

Hey, how's the weather in London? It has been overcast and cold here in California 30 miles east of San Franciso. I makes morning rides to work worse - numb hands, leg, + cold hands, legs, and face. But, it all fun. Vibes 942737
Back to top Go down
greer

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 6:08 am

I've read good things about Grip Puppies:

http://www.casporttouring.com/cst/motorcycle/hand_cont_$50/GPSMALL.html

Sarah
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 9:26 am

My WRR has similar symptoms, it exhibits engine vibrations at an indicated 94-104 KPH in 6th gear. It's there too in 5th but at a lower indicated speed, so definitely engine RPM related. My solution so far is to either shift or stay away from those road speeds where the vibration is strongest (decelerate or accelerate out of it).
Back to top Go down
texascycle

texascycle

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 3:25 pm

OMG, mine must be really sweet or I am used to vibes ... mine seems really smooth especially compared to other thumpers, but even some multi-cylinder bikes. Maybe try changing your wrist angle or different gloves have different padding positions and thicknesses ???
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 5:41 am

M1A Rifleman wrote:

Hey, how's the weather in London? It has been overcast and cold here in California 30 miles east of San Franciso. I makes morning rides to work worse - numb hands, leg, + cold hands, legs, and face. But, it all fun. Vibes 942737
Heatwave!!!!! thumb 31 C yesterday (90 F), 27 C today. No rain for quite a while. In fact, its been the driest start to a year since the twenties(!!!)
My X is getting sticky gears - I think its a combination of hot weather & oil that is getting tired & not high enough quality dddog
Back to top Go down
Six8

Six8

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:29 am

I had issues here too
did the aluminum rental bars
better grips
anti vibration gloves from a work clothing store
installed a set of vibronators
I've been useing some vibronators and I love'em Vibes 379944
I've had several long rides 4-7 hours 2-3 tanks of gas and no problem my riding buddies have big BMW adventure bikes

on a side note, by next week I hope to have 5x covered bridge photos all in easy ridding distance Vibes 93746

had a new BMW GS 800 out on the demo and day and my hands were asleep in 30 minutes. Vibes 89954

I have minor issues with the vibronators off off-road but that is my issue not the producets
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: which ones?   Vibes EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:28 pm

What size vibronators do you use for Fatbars if you want to use handguards that bolt into the end of the bars?
Back to top Go down
Six8

Six8

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:35 pm

sorry I'm not a sales man. Vibes 619190
I called Don on at the # on there web site and got things squared away. Vibes 525406

He's an inspiring guy to talk to.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:35 am

I use the TexasCycle technique by changing my grip in two ways.

1) Raise and/or lower your elbows

2) Concentrate on varying the pressure points on your hands from thumb-pointing to the middle-to-pinkie.

...probably not a wise idea for some, but at times I will actually hold the throttle with my left and hand and shake my throttle hand out until the blood recirculates.

Note that it happens on every one of my bikes (sport, dual, off-road, SuMo) some with/without AL bars and independent of speed and vibration. ...and I have some real shhhhaaaaaaakkkkkkerrrrssss.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:45 am

Get a Throttle Rocker. Cheap cheap cheap, and relieves hand fatigue.

SpiritWolf15

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 11:42 am

You wanna talk vibration? Try riding a 1982 R65LS for 5 hours straight X_x
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:07 pm

Yep bad vibes can suck,ride my tt500 on the short track sometime. Now to get yourself a new pair of gloves by olympic with the gel palm. I use them on all extended rides on all my bikes.
Back to top Go down
PinkyDick-WR250R

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Vibration   Vibes EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 2:54 pm

M1A Rifleman wrote:

I bought these gell knobby grips that helped me. Stock grips stunk and yes my hands were numb after a 45 minute drive. Also try not and grab handle bars extra tight so to speak. That work for me.
Back to top Go down
M1A Rifleman

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 3:02 pm

[quote="PinkyDick-WR250R"]
M1A Rifleman wrote:
Also try not and grab handle bars extra tight so to speak. That work for me.

This is tough as some of the street rides to and from work are 'white knuckle' rides here in California - crazy-ass drivers.
Back to top Go down

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:09 am

In the KLR website, several found the BB mod to be more effective than a bar snake or bar end weights.

Keeping with the light bike theme, I did not fill my WRX's bars all the way up. Instead, plugged both ends about 10" in, then filled the ends of the bars with standard old Crosman BB's. Plugged again on the outboard ends so I can get my handguard adapters in and out without spilling bb's...

Maybe owing to the extra wall thickness of my 7/8" aluminum bars, I didn't get as many BB's in there so not as much vibe reduction as I had on my KLR with steel bars. Still, maybe a good 20% reduction. And cheap... did I mention cheap? Very happy

Throttle rocker, for sure helped. Then, I just now picked up some street bike foam grips. I forced these thick puppies on over the Dualsport 714's using ProGrip superglue. Now I have nice thick grips. The foam maybe only reduced the vibes a bit, but the larger diameter grips helps with my large hands.

I also use the Olympia gel gloves and like 'em though I find I have to order a size or two larger than real world to get them to fit.

I can go 3 hours easily with no numbness now. As Xracer says, I also need to focus on moving my hands around... and frequently double check to make sure I'm not throwin' a death grip on the bars.

-feet
Larry S.
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: anti_vibe   Vibes EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:01 am

I'm going to try a bit of anti-vibe farkling -

RoxRiser - antivibes
ProGrip 714
Alloy Renthall fatbar

Should provide a good deal of reduction.
Back to top Go down
greer

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:40 am

Take a look at the Oury Road grips, too. They do a better job of soaking up the vibes, in my opinion, and are extremely comfortable to grip. I've got grip heaters, so for cold weather I swap to 714's; the Oury's are too slow to let the heat come thru.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vibes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibes   Vibes Empty

Back to top Go down

Vibes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WRR/X General Discussion-
Jump to: