Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear rack spacer/bolt sizes?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mcwbyu82

Rear rack spacer/bolt sizes? Empty
PostSubject: Rear rack spacer/bolt sizes?   Rear rack spacer/bolt sizes? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 2:22 pm

Gonna try my hand at a home brewed rear rack today. Anyone able to tell me what size spacers and bolts I need to use the four hole mounting option. For length wise I would like the rack to sit as similar as possible to the Pro Moto Billet. I appreciate any help.
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: Spacers and bolts   Rear rack spacer/bolt sizes? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:37 pm

Hey 82 ...

For my rear rack ... as seen in the thread below ...

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/another-wr250r-rear-rack-designed-with-options-t2222.htm

The spacers used in the pictures in the thread above were all 2" ... shorter spacers as noted below are now installed.

The plate is approx. 1/4" thick
Spacers are 1.9" and 1.82" --- with the shorter ones in the rear (spacers are 5/8" od and 5/16" id)

I bought M6 X 1 X 70 stainless socket cap screws ... flathead as they are countersunk into the Alum.
Back to top Go down
mcwbyu82

PostSubject: Re: Rear rack spacer/bolt sizes?   Rear rack spacer/bolt sizes? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:45 pm

Thanks GSVS,
I appreciate the reply. Do you have a pic with the shorter standoffs installed. I think i may go shorter still based on the picture with the 2"ers. That thing is in stilts!
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: Sure    Rear rack spacer/bolt sizes? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:02 pm

I will post them in the morning ...

mcwbyu82 wrote:
Thanks GSVS,
I appreciate the reply. Do you have a pic with the shorter standoffs installed. I think i may go shorter still based on the picture with the 2"ers. That thing is in stilts!
Back to top Go down
taoshum

taoshum

PostSubject: Re: Rear rack spacer/bolt sizes?   Rear rack spacer/bolt sizes? EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:10 pm

I used 1/4-20 X 2.5" flathead bolts, nylon standoffs, 1/2 OD X 1/4 ID X 1.5 " to hold a doubled 16 gage sheet metal plate, spot welded along the edges, then painted. Nylock nuts underneath in three places. Feels solid as a rock. There's about 1/2" of clearance underneath so I welded some short posts under the plate to hook bungies onto or to wrap straps around. I put some 1.5" holes in it to remove some of the weight. The holes are also handy for bungie hooks. Cost about $25. Rear rack spacer/bolt sizes? 525406 Time will tell if the nylon creeps under load.

pics: http://cid-627016e09605a681.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/Web%20photos/low%20res

Last edited by taoshum on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: Re: Rear rack spacer/bolt sizes?   Rear rack spacer/bolt sizes? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:18 am

mcwbyu82 wrote:
Thanks GSVS,

Here you go ...
As you mentioned ... the spacers could be a tad bit shorter yet ... but this rack has the RotoPax mounting holes so some space is needed to slip the nuts on the underside.

Rear rack spacer/bolt sizes? IMG_2253-Crop
= = = =
Rear rack spacer/bolt sizes? IMG_2250-Crop
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear rack spacer/bolt sizes?   Rear rack spacer/bolt sizes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear rack spacer/bolt sizes?
Page 1 of 1