Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........

Go down 
+4
ZED
gas_pig70
flatboarder
10Cup
8 posters
AuthorMessage
10Cup

10Cup

Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........ Empty
PostSubject: Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........   Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........ EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:57 am

I have 600 miles on my R2 now and I was disappointed to see all the frame paint on my boots. Has anyone found frame guards to keep this from happening?

TIA
10Cup
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........   Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........ EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:08 am

10Cup wrote:
I have 600 miles on my R2 now and I was disappointed to see all the frame paint on my boots. Has anyone found frame guards to keep this from happening?

TIA
10Cup

Available from Yamaha in Japan

There are several sorts of listed at this page. No clue how to get them here, I would also very much like to install these frame guards.
Back to top Go down
gas_pig70

gas_pig70

PostSubject: Re: Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........   Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........ EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:20 pm

I used grip tape to cover the frame on both sides (lower 2/3rds) as I still had a full sheet of it left over from my previous bike. I just traced the frame with pen and paper to make templates. Protects the frame and gives your boots a bit of extra bite.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........   Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........ EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 11:48 pm

Mine is a WRX, not a WRR, but I haven't had that happen. I ride in both traditional 'biker' style boots and MX boots (Alpine star tech somethings).
Back to top Go down
gas_pig70

gas_pig70

PostSubject: Re: Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........   Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........ EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 2:46 am

ZED wrote:
Mine is a WRX, not a WRR, but I haven't had that happen. I ride in both traditional 'biker' style boots and MX boots (Alpine star tech somethings).

Most likely because you aren't hitting enough potholes and stairs while standing up. wink

For the record I wear Alpinestar MX boots as well and created frame paint scruffs after the first 20 mile trail ride (break in). I wasn't surprised as I had the same thing occur with the DRZ. I like to finesse and balance the bike off-road by gripping the bike a bit with my boots. On road I can't see this ever being an issue.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........   Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........ EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 11:19 am

The plastic sheets they use to cover headlight to protect rock ships works great too I've seen. If you don't give a rat's ass about vanity good ol' gorilla tape works like a charm. thumb

CDNSXV

PostSubject: Re: Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........   Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........ EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 2:48 am

I have the exact opposite problem. My black boots are scuffing up the nice whte side panels. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........   Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........ EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:45 am

Magic eraser. thumb

CDNSXV

PostSubject: Re: Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........   Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........ EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 11:04 am

Quote :
Magic eraser.

Seriously? You women have all the answers when it comes to this kind of stuff. I can machine all kinds of things out of metal but have no clue how to clean a piece of plastic.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........   Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........ EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 3:35 pm

Hey it got rid of some nasty scuff marks on my lino that I had a bitch of a time getting off with cleaners. It gets crayon off of walls too with not much effort. thumb Have that disgusting slimy never-seize crap in your clothes? Squirt some WD-40 on it, then throw it in the wash.

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........   Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........ EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 10:12 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Hey it got rid of some nasty scuff marks on my lino that I had a bitch of a time getting off with cleaners. It gets crayon off of walls too with not much effort. thumb Have that disgusting slimy never-seize crap in your clothes? Squirt some WD-40 on it, then throw it in the wash.

All hail Shewuff, queen of household remedies bow wink
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........   Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........ EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:24 am

I personally like the "worn" look, kind of like a much loved and much used gun with the bluing worn off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........   Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........ Empty

Back to top Go down

Frame paint rubbing off on my boots........
Page 1 of 1