Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Throttle cable stretching

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

Throttle cable stretching Empty
PostSubject: Throttle cable stretching   Throttle cable stretching EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:11 pm

I feel silly asking this, but here goes...

I have less than 1000 miles on my WRR still (*sighs* don't ask), but already the throttle cable seems to be stretched a lot. Before I modded anything, I had to adjust the long screw adjuster (on the cable) to a point where the rubber cover no longer seals it closed. I then installed a Zeta aluminum throttle tube and had to make yet even more adjustments. Right now, the long adjustment screw is nearing the end of its adjustment range.

Does this seem normal?

If so, what is the proper way of making a "larger" adjustment so that I can get my long adjustment screw back into its range? At the throttle body under the tank?
Back to top Go down
deerHater

Throttle cable stretching Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throttle cable stretching   Throttle cable stretching EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Mr.Metal wrote:
what is the proper way of making a "larger" adjustment so that I can get my long adjustment screw back into its range? At the throttle body under the tank?
Yes! thumb Assuming it's the same as my Triumph. Shog
Back to top Go down

Throttle cable stretching
Page 1 of 1