Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Olympia Airglide 3

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:00 pm

Just got new gear for the road and boy is this thing ever comfy! wink Olympia Airglide 3; lots of venting and a really snug liner. Lots of refelective piping which is nice, and even with all the armor i can move around pretty good. Looks like a great 4 season jacket. My enduro jacket is like a blanket, but I've been living on borrowed time riding with a jacket that doesn't hold any armor. Pants are Joe Rocket Alter Ego. thumb

Olympia Airglide 3 Img_1411

SpiritWolf15

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:15 pm

Oooo, nice gear set up sis. It's missing the most important item though, mudz =3
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Yeah this one's not going near the stuff. I have dirt gear for that. Very happy

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 5:11 am

Nice jacket! Can you tell us a little more about the liner? I've read some of the Olympia's have a one-piece, some a two-piece.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:24 am

Well, it has a fully sleeved removable liner, constructed with Thermolite, so it's really light. It's quilted, which makes it nice and soft, and you can wear it separate from the outer shell. It's waterproof and windproof. It definitely keeps you warm; I had to remove the liner before I got home yesterday because I was getting a bit too warm. It was near freezing this morning and it was like being wrapped in a blanket. Kinda like that feeling when you're in bed, it's cooler outside and you have that one spot you're curled up in and don't want to get out. It's form fitting too, which is nice, and probably the first jacket I've actually been able to wear comfortably, fully armored, and not had to remove any of it because it either hindered head movement or was too bulky. thumb

dc4stroke

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:08 am

But, But ....How are we suppose to beleive that it doesn't restrict movement....Without Video?

Should we get a poll started on this? Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:21 am

I can try to get one. The Joe Rocket Jacket I have is a really nice one, but for the reasons stated above regarding movement...is why I don't like wearing it. My kid loves it, so I gave it to him to wear until he outgrows it when he rides 2up with me. I'll have to do it static because i don't have anyone who can run the cam when I ride. The GoPro being a wide angle kind of takes away from the flat shots, and I can't zoom out far enuf.

dc4stroke

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:10 pm

Ya know I have a ton of good riding gear. But most of my really good jackets are some sort of HRC gear since I was almost totally Honda for so many years. I need to get some new nonOEM stuff. Kathy used to buy me new gear every year or so. And since I had 10 Hondas when we married, she would go get something from my buddy who I bought all my bikes. He carried Hondas and Yamahas. I got the WR from him. I went in to look at the CRF230F. Darn I'm glad that he had the WR in stock. Because had he not had it I doubt if I would have bought a dualsport at all. The little CRF is a nice little bike.....Just not the level of sophistication I wanted.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:00 am

My riding gear was Joe Rocket when I had the 600...but I've still got a bunch of Yamaha racing garb from owning...Yamahas. Olympia Airglide 3 93746 I noticed also this jacket has not only a removable wearable liner, there's a removable vest that attaches to the liner. No wonder it's nice and warm!

dc4stroke

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:42 am

I bet that is nice and warm then. You made a good buy.
Back to top Go down
greer

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:14 am

OK, so the liner is actually two-piece? One is a thin waterproof, and the other is an insulated that can be added to the waterproof. Per Olympia, the waterproof piece is supposed to be breathable. If you have time for a mini experiment, please separate the liners and wear the waterproof around the house a few minutes to see if it actually breathes or instead causes you to have that clammy, plastic-bag feeling. I know this is a lot to ask esp when you are neck deep in the IMS tanks. No rush at all, just sometime between now and next spring. I'd like one of these, but don't have a local place to check them out. Many, many thanks.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:48 am

No problem Sarah, it's actually a good experiment because I have the wood stove going pretty much all the time now. That'll be a good test. Olympia Airglide 3 61865

**EDIT**

Well, after walking around the house, up and own the stairs, in both pants and jacket, I'm warm but not to the point of dripping. No condensation anywhere like the liner my Joe Rocket jacket gave off. I even went one step further and tossed on the heated vest. I got pretty warm with that on traipsing around the house, but again, there wasn't any condensation gathering anywhere. It's like your own personal cocoon. Olympia Airglide 3 810411

Olympia Airglide 3 F16c71bd
Without the liner.
Olympia Airglide 3 0e1658cf
Closeup of the inside of the jacket.
Olympia Airglide 3 F4dbce22
Looking thru the mesh. Very cool and airy! Lots of venting on this thing. Olympia Airglide 3 61865 That's the ceiling fan lights you see on the other side.
Olympia Airglide 3 D98cd90d
Backside has lots of venting and the reflective piping. I like the way they've placed the black with the yellow, very nicely done.
Olympia Airglide 3 3973465d
The waterproof/windproof liner. This thing is definitely that. It's like a windbreaker kind of thing, which can be done as claimed.
Olympia Airglide 3 0fe1ea48
Inside of the windbreaker. Nice light material.
Olympia Airglide 3 160cc833
The actual thermoliner. This thing is incredibly plush and keeps all the tender bits warm.
Olympia Airglide 3 F2c93983
Inside the thermoliner. It's fully quilted, very nice.
Olympia Airglide 3 Fef6345d
Here you can actually see the insulator, that silvery heat insulating barrier that is part of the Thermolite material. Kind of like your own little built in space blanket of sorts.
Olympia Airglide 3 0e0be5ab
Thermolite quilted liner inside the windbreaker liner. Everything is attached via zipper/snap buttons and velcro wrist loops to stop the sleeves from pulling up inside themselves.
Olympia Airglide 3 57809854
Like here.
Now this is what I found really cool, was that it has a zipper on the inside waist of the actual jacket shell. It lines up perfectly with the zipper that was on my Joe Rocket pants, so I can affix it just like the other jacket and eliminate a lot of wind that can blow up the backside. Olympia Airglide 3 640571
Olympia Airglide 3 Aa522e0a

I am quite pleased with this setup! The jacket is really comfy and easy to move around in, and I can use the pants I already have with it. All I will need next is a new lid. The padding has compressed to the point it's not as snug as I like it. That'll have to wait. Olympia Airglide 3 Icon_rolleyes

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:19 pm

Wow, that outfit definitely looks to be worth the money. With my Warm n Safe under, and a rainsuit over, I'm thinking it would just about work year round for me. Have you had a chance to wear the little windproof liner by itself? I'm wondering if it's breathable as advertised or if it will cause that plastic bag feeling? Thanks again for the excellent review and pics.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Yep, I tried all three of them by themselves. Had some wind going on here about an hour ago and stood out in the front yard. Came back in the house and did some cleaning. No moisture whatsoever. It was like wearing a long sleeved shirt, just noisier. Olympia Airglide 3 163123

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Well that's it; on my Christmas list, at the very top. Many thanks again.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:42 pm

No problem. I tried the Bushwhacker and the MotoX but found them too heavy. Nice jackets as well, but I didn't need all the farkle on them. The MotoX was sweet as it has a built in hydration system.

gatorfan

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 4:58 pm

How much of a pain is it to get those layers in and out? My Tourmaster street jacket has zips/clips/hooks ... it's like I'm 12 years old again trying to get my girlfriends bra off.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:08 pm

It's real easy. Slide into one jacket, slide into the next, hook it up, slide into the shell, hook it up, done. Olympia Airglide 3 61865

Olympia Airglide 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Olympia Airglide 3   Olympia Airglide 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Olympia Airglide 3
Page 1 of 1