Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rockies

Go down 
+6
dulinor
oh2RideMore
Jäger
macfast
Chadx
YamWOW!
10 posters
AuthorMessage
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

Rockies Empty
PostSubject: Rockies   Rockies EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:51 pm

Meet other riders in the Rockies. thumb
ROCKIES: Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming and Montana
Back to top Go down
Chadx

Rockies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockies   Rockies EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:28 pm

I'm in the Helena, Montana area if anyone is local or passing through this way. Some great rides around here.
Back to top Go down
macfast

macfast

Rockies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockies   Rockies EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 4:08 pm

I will be heading out on I80 to I35 to I90 to the Olympic Peninsula in july hope to stop on way to ride. Never ridden in Montana, like to.
Back to top Go down
Chadx

Rockies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockies   Rockies EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:04 pm

Are you coming all that way on your WR250R or another bike? Or trailering and doing rides along the way? It would be great if schedules worked out to do some riding when you pass through. There are several different mountain ranges within 10 - 20 miles from my front door with more gravel roads, two-track, and single-track than you could do in months of riding. There are several groups of DS riders in Montana that you could hook up with, too. I've been meaning to get together with some of them from Helena and hope to soon. There's another big group in Bozeman. Check in the regional forum on ADVRDR if you haven't already and let all of us know your route, dates, and flexibility on schedule. What is your handle on ADVRDR so I can watch for it? (You can PM it to me).
Back to top Go down
macfast

macfast

Rockies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockies   Rockies EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Not sure just yet , start week of July 6. Going to pull my WRR, plan to spend around 10 days driving & riding to Washington. Single track sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

Rockies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockies   Rockies EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 9:15 pm

YamWOW! wrote:
Meet other riders in the Rockies. thumb
ROCKIES: Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming and Montana
I'm in Whitefish MT when I'm not two hours north in BC. No regular schedule, I'm around when I'm around.

Haven't really started exploring around here with the WR, but that is going to change. Lots of roads up to Polebridge and Moose Camp and then east to Eureka to explore before I even start looking to the south or west of me.
Back to top Go down
oh2RideMore

Rockies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockies   Rockies EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:55 pm

Polebridge and the north fork road would be a great ride. So many great rides in that area. Last time was there in car for backpacking at Glacier... Rockies 724854
Back to top Go down
dulinor

Rockies Empty
PostSubject: Utah?   Rockies EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:48 am

Anybody on here in the greater SLC area? Would love to do some rides locally. Have hooked up with some troika bikers, and a v-strom guy out here, but more yamahas would be great.
Back to top Go down
winterfreak

Rockies Empty
PostSubject: Colorado . Grand Junction   Rockies EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:24 pm

Grand Junction, CO. Ride all over the western slope. Weekends are best.
Back to top Go down

Rockies Empty
PostSubject: Colorado - Walsenburg/La Veta   Rockies EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:25 am

I live in the mountains 8 miles west of Walsenburg, CO (81089) about 10 miles off Hwy 160. This is very near the so called "Highway of Legends" and LaVeta. It's super close to Lathrop State Park though I have not been fishing in a long while.

Out on The Highway of Legends, I recently spotted a legal single track trailhead behind Cucharra. Cucharra is kind of old touristy, but interesting once anyhow. Couple of restaurants, etc.

I'm early retired (50's) so any day is good... but I'm kinda' beat up. Misadventure in earlier life.

I find with my dirt modified WR250X I can go most any place - some a LOT rougher than I ever thought I could do again! But my limiter is TIME. More than about 4 hours in the saddle on any given day and some blown disks make my life living hell for awhile.

Anyway, if you're gonna be in the area and don't mind that I'm a half day kind of rider, give me a shout! thumb

I'm also going to be going as far as mountains west of Pueblo and Trinidad, so that's doable for me. Just can't ride 8 or 10 or 14 hours in a day any more.

And I'm not snobbish about WRR/X's. I ride with anyone. But unless you're riding a WRR or a KTM, you may have trouble keeping up in the rough stuff! Very happy

If ya' ride a street bike, my WRX does street and slab just fine, too.

BigFeet
formerly Artoo
Back to top Go down
Shoootr

Shoootr

Rockies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockies   Rockies EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:18 pm

home base is anything within 200 miles of Moab. Live in central Utard.
text; 435-979-0589.
Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
jsneeb

Rockies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockies   Rockies EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Looks like this thread is a bit dead.

I'm new to Utah and to the WR250. Will live and ride here for the near foreseeable future.

Hit me up if you're looking for someone to ride with or show you the best local trails.

Back to top Go down
mostexcellentdude

mostexcellentdude

Rockies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockies   Rockies EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 11:15 pm

I live in the south Denver metro. So far this season I've been frequenting Rampart Range/Divide areas. Let me know if anyone else wants to rip!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rockies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rockies   Rockies Empty

Back to top Go down

Rockies
Page 1 of 1