Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Yamaha’s 1200 Super Ténéré Adventure Bike

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
xcel

xcel

Yamaha’s 1200 Super Ténéré Adventure Bike Empty
PostSubject: Yamaha’s 1200 Super Ténéré Adventure Bike   Yamaha’s 1200 Super Ténéré Adventure Bike EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 1:06 am

Yamaha’s 1200 Super Ténéré Adventure Bike AmericanFlag Could a challenger to the mighty BMW 1200 GS' crown have been found?

Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG - Oct. 7, 2010

Yamaha’s 1200 Super Ténéré - $13,900 to start and what a good start indeed thumb

Earlier today, I received details on yet another Super Adventure bike. This time, from one of our favorite bike manufacturers thanks in part to their top of the line quarter-liter converted Adventure bike recently allowing us to traverse the North American Continent at over 100 mpg.

While we have ridden BMW’s Adventure best from the mighty F 800 GS to the 1200 GS Adventure, all with excellent results and accolades, there is a new kid in town. That new kid is named the Super Ténéré.

The question remains, will the new kid have what it takes to go up against the best and brightest star on the strip or will it simply become one of the many has beens that have been seen strewn along the road side in a busted heap like so many challengers have been discarded in the past?

Meet the all-new Yamaha 1200 Super Ténéré

The Yamaha 1200 cc Super Ténéré was built for long distance adventure thanks in part to its all-new exceptionally compact and narrow 1199cc parallel twin with a unique 270° crank providing for excellent balance and a broad torque curve. In addition, the 1200 Twin incorporates twin downdraft fuel injection with YCC-TTM (Yamaha’s acronym for “Ride by Wire Throttle”) delivering optimum throttle response. With the Ride by Wire solution, Yamaha has incorporated a mild and aggressive TPS response solution most familiar with late model hybrid automobiles are all too familiar with. That being a 2-position “D-Mode” (Drive Mode) throttle-response mapping for either a Touring or Sport riding preference.

Other standard features include a wide-ratio 6-speed transmission, a three mode rider selectable (On, Mild and Off) Traction control that regulates ignition timing and fuel injection based on wheel spin, an Antilock Braking System (ABS) and Unified Braking System. With the Unified Braking System, squeezing the front brake alone also provides some rear-wheel braking; pressing the rear brake first overrides the Unififed Braking System for traditional separate front and rear braking action.

For rider comfort and utility, the Super Ténéré incorporates a tunable front and rear suspension, low-maintenance shaft drive, tubeless tires, and a Multi-function rear carrier system on back that is ready for luggage and touring accessories and class exclusive grooved foot pegs. While the rider is seated, rubber cushions on the pegs provide excellent comfort. When the rider stands to tackle more technical riding conditions, the rubber compresses, letting the rider’s boots contact the metal foot peg surface.

Rider convenience features include an adjustable seat height and windshield, handlebar brush guards and both a side and center stand for parking.

While few other details have been released, it will not be long before we discover the true nature and capability of Yamaha’s first entry into the Super Adventure bike realm. Will the new kid have a chance against the champ? Stay tuned and maybe we will find out together?
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha’s 1200 Super Ténéré Adventure Bike   Yamaha’s 1200 Super Ténéré Adventure Bike EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 5:34 am

I've already consulted my dealer and set-up a test ride.
Back to top Go down
TierHawg

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha’s 1200 Super Ténéré Adventure Bike   Yamaha’s 1200 Super Ténéré Adventure Bike EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 3:22 am

Think this may be what I'm looking for. Need to find a good dealer in California that wants to order one for me.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha’s 1200 Super Ténéré Adventure Bike   Yamaha’s 1200 Super Ténéré Adventure Bike EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 10:03 pm

I had the opportunity to ride the bike in September and in the first minute I said to myself "they nailed it"
Low speed maneuverability and highway speeds are both very very comfortable, enough features to make the bike interesting and enough simple to keep it reliable, i'm not a big fan of twins but this one is outstanding
I want one
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha’s 1200 Super Ténéré Adventure Bike   Yamaha’s 1200 Super Ténéré Adventure Bike EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:46 pm

looks like a great bike but it's a little too big for the type of riding I do,,,I wish they would come out with a wr450r..or something in between a 1200 and a 250.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yamaha’s 1200 Super Ténéré Adventure Bike   Yamaha’s 1200 Super Ténéré Adventure Bike Empty

Back to top Go down

Yamaha’s 1200 Super Ténéré Adventure Bike
Page 1 of 1