Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Backside of Big Bear...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GusinCA

GusinCA

Backside of Big Bear... Empty
PostSubject: Backside of Big Bear...   Backside of Big Bear... EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Took an amazing ride Monday up the backside of the San Bernardino Mountains and down to Big Bear Lake...

The first part of the ride was a fire road with spectacular views of the valley below, and 72 degrees of warm riding air...

Backside of Big Bear... 7145copy

At a location called Bear Creek I found a cool bridge to ride around under

Backside of Big Bear... 7150copy

Still warm I decided to take a small dip in a puddle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZJBgGdas2g
(and you wonder why I go through a new camera every year, what with the muddy splash on the lens)

Found an amazing place at the bottom of a trail to go through a deep bog

Backside of Big Bear... 7160copy

Which of course I had to film...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R52lUE0H8_M

After that I came across a rope swing, and instantly turned 6 years old again...

Backside of Big Bear... 7165copy

Eventually I made it over the summit, and this is where things started to get hairy...

Backside of Big Bear... 7170copy

On the north facing side of the mountain, the snow bcame so deep in places I couldn't ride the bike, and had to push it along...

Backside of Big Bear... 7175copy

Eventually I made it to Big Bear Lake, with soaking wet socks. Had to go around a locked gate (would have never made it back up the mountain). Sh!t eating grin well deserved...

Backside of Big Bear... 7180copy

Took the winding, beautiful 2 lane highway back down past the lake to where I parked my truck...

Backside of Big Bear... 7185copy

About 70 miles total...
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Backside of Big Bear...   Backside of Big Bear... EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 8:14 am

Looks like a good time. thumb

I wish we had no-jacket-on-a-rope-swing weather over here right now. :)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Backside of Big Bear...   Backside of Big Bear... EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 11:42 am

Backside of Big Bear... 61865 Love it, Gus! I always look forward to seeing your stuff. Shit eating grin... Backside of Big Bear... 810411

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Backside of Big Bear...   Backside of Big Bear... EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 12:42 pm

Good thing I had the larger tank, I used 1.6 gallons and would have only had .3 left on the original tank...

And today it's storming here and snowing hard in those mountains. Good timing....
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Backside of Big Bear...   Backside of Big Bear... EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 8:30 pm

Gus: WHATTAYACRAZY ? ? ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET ON A ROPE SWING !
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Backside of Big Bear...   Backside of Big Bear... EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 9:22 pm

Yeah, that was probably the riskiest no helmet shot i took all day... :)
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: Backside of Big Bear...   Backside of Big Bear... EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 6:33 am

Are you using a remote to trigger the shutter, or what? Fun pictures.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Backside of Big Bear...   Backside of Big Bear... EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:25 am

A Casio high speed camera that waits to take the picture until it sees movement...
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Backside of Big Bear...   Backside of Big Bear... EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:41 am

I bought a camcorder (as I think they were called) back when they first became the rage around 1986.
I still have it, though after several seasons of taping our off-road riding with VHS tapes, it took one grain of dirt too many and bit the dust.
Literally. :)
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Backside of Big Bear...   Backside of Big Bear... EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 1:18 pm

Wow, i haven't seen the word "VHS" in a long time... :)
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Backside of Big Bear...   Backside of Big Bear... EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 1:49 pm

Yup.
I used to have a mountain of those that came out of that mentioned camcorder, but, "lending" them to my riding pals actually turned into giving them away. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backside of Big Bear...   Backside of Big Bear... Empty

Back to top Go down

Backside of Big Bear...
Page 1 of 1