Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2011 Supercross Season

Go down 
+7
dtx
kingsquid
cryptomundo
Chief_Lee_Visceral
YZEtc
0007onWR
X-Racer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
0007onWR

0007onWR

2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 6:30 pm

Ya I think that is one of the subtleties of riding at that level, knowing where to put yourself and knowing where NOT to put yourself
An Ivan Tedesco knows when a James Stewart is behind him, the riders in the top 5 should expect slower riders to hold a line and let them move up
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:04 pm

Great to see JS win one once again! thumb cheers
Back to top Go down
greenfire6

greenfire6

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:32 am

I agree. Good to see James overcome everything and ride an, apparently, mistake free race to the win.

Don't know what happened to my man Canard at the start. dunno By now Speed/CBS should have five cameras isolating each of the five front runners at the start. It would be the right thing to do. Whatever happen the original what me worry kid did what he usually does- went forward and salvaged what he could.

Hmmm... I'm starting to think that Dungey has kept plugging away and found himself in the cat bird seat...
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 8:18 am

X-Racer wrote:
kingsquid wrote:
That was a very close inside jump/pass Stewart put on Tedesco early to take the lead. If Tedesco would have been just an inch further inside Stewart would have landed on him. And it would have been the same old story of Stewart not giving a damn about anyone else on the track.

...and doncha think for a second that "Hot Sauce" wasn't concerned that he'd do just that. What else would explain why he was so far off line ?

...and what the hell is a tuff-block doing in the middle of the track without a flagman waving the oncoming rider off ? ? That's messed up !

Canard almost took a big one though there at the end eh ?

yeah that pass stewart made was crazy .. it put me back in my chair for a second afterwards with a are you crazy expression on my face .. and then a lucky bastard comment .. a fall there would have been .. well, not sure what to say .. his little brother was off riding all by himself and managed to jump off the track .. stewarts heat race was excellent .. so fast man .. that yami is fast

x, your not kidding about that tuff-block, i was thinking the same thing .. why the hell did no one move that thing!

did you all see the lites races? i think it was heat two, wilson and sipes having a go .. great racing, excellent passing .. those kids have got skills .. barcia should win the season
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:17 pm

Ut oh....

Racer X is following up a lead from our colleague Steve Cox that American Honda Racing's Trey Canard has suffered a crash and broken femur during outdoor motocross testing.

According to Cox's report, the femur break is not as bad as it typically would be, and Canard may only be out for six weeks as opposed to several months. Canard broke a femur in 2008 at the Washougal AMA Motocross Nationals. Still, this is devastating news as it eliminates Canard from title contention on Monster Energy Supercross.

Okay... So now there are four.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:42 am

Awww, that sucks man
I'm a loyal Yamaha man but I like Canard, pretty hard to get grumpy when he is on and get's a win
Having said that, I would rather see him get beat than go out with an injury
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:32 am

....and somewhat confusing from a business decision (as it pertains to training and development) when they are engaged in a potential title position to expose risk of injury ( which is real any time you get on a track and work at race pace) .

I wouldn't do it. I'd say keep him safe and sound. Hire some kid to prove the bike out.

Maybe a strategy on Yamaha's part to limit JS to SX only ? Ya think ?

So if you can't launch Josh Grant into the outdoor who is Yamaha's plan "B" ?
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 6:56 am

Yeah that sucks for Canard! And it wasn't even during a race. Oh well. (Who is it racing right now with 2 broken bones in his wrist? I forgot.) That's determination. Just hope none of these guys gets a permanant injury. I can see how these guys have to practice hard mid week just to keep up their stamina. When I was racing years ago, it wasn't the skills, it was the stamina that killed me.

And Barcia is just kicking it!!! He should have the whole thing wrapped up soon. I can't wait to see how he does against the big boys. I think he'll be a contender for many years to come!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:46 pm

I thought it was Barcia who had the wrist injury. dunno ...but yea that's tough.

it doesn't help not to have time to breathe between the SX and MX seasons.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 1:31 pm

Heading out to the race in a couple of hours. It rained this morning and may rain again so now KW is in the mix. Locals cheering for RV. Stewart out to make a statement. Dungy won last year. This is going to be good!
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:22 pm

Awesome, wish the race came up here to Massachusetts! Stewart definitely needs to put up another win (or at least get on the podium). Should be good if there's a little mud in the mix!
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 4:44 pm

X-Racer wrote:
....and somewhat confusing from a business decision (as it pertains to training and development) when they are engaged in a potential title position to expose risk of injury ( which is real any time you get on a track and work at race pace) .

I wouldn't do it. I'd say keep him safe and sound. Hire some kid to prove the bike out.

Maybe a strategy on Yamaha's part to limit JS to SX only ? Ya think ?

So if you can't launch Josh Grant into the outdoor who is Yamaha's plan "B" ?

All forms of racing have your championship contenders and your development riders
Ever wonder why Wyndam is doing, he's testing parts, he hasn't been paid to win championships in years

Stewart and Dungey etc are not trying to see if a new brake lever works or a working the bugs out of a fuel injection map
Back to top Go down
kingsquid

kingsquid

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:06 am

0007onWR wrote:
Wyndam

lol!
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:39 am

Pretty awesome race last nght, feel bad for RV, sure makes you wonder what put's a guy like that off pace
Nice to see Reed laying in the dirt, he sure sounds different on camera now, maybe someone told him he looks like a douche bag !!

I hate my I pad spell check, I will call him K Dub : )
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:39 pm

I think it is hard to say about RV. That race was about the start and then surviving and RV did not get a start. He got caught in the 1st corner crash because of it. Then when he had a chance to get Reed he pushed and that was almost a bad decision. Realize most of those ruts grew until they were peg drag height and then they had to find a new line. Getting around by the last lap was a challenge much less passing which RV tried to do. Stewart was great with that tight turn-and-burn to get away. Brilliant ride for Stewart and by surviving RV remains on top so you can't say he rode poorly IMHO.

When Reed cross rutted and went down I was amazed those forks took that hit and even more that he popped up and rode off!
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:30 pm

Ya that auguring in stuff is ugly, the bike looked like it hit him in the side, coulda been ugly, he popped up before he started feeling the hit I bet
Forks usually don't bend when they bottom first, it's usually a head on hit with the fork extended that pushes them back, also Reed has some pretty spendy forks, a tad tougher than stock stough and a lot more dough
Sounds like Honda is throwing themselves behind Reed now that Canard is out, bet he's getting his dream bike all of a sudden
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:25 pm

Yeah, Honda didn't sign him at the beginning but now he's their best shot. A good thing for Reed though. Stewart just launched out of the gate and never looked back. He's going to have a hard time winning the points race if the other dudes keep finishing 2nd, 3rd and 4th. It will definitely come down to Vegas. Good to see Windham have a good heat and main race. RV is in a slump for sure.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:06 pm

Good point about leverage on the forks. There were 53k tickets sold and the pits were swamped which is a good thing. I hope these fans join AMA and NMA and get active. We need the help to keep our right to ride up here.

Now I hear Reed is giving RV lip about the bump on the last lap just not in front of any cameras. Talk about pot meet kettle.
Back to top Go down
greenfire6

greenfire6

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:47 pm

Four guys all within 9 points!!!!

Do you smell a mega show-down at Vegas? Very happy

Too bad about Trey but, hey, it comes with the turf. He will be OK and come back strong.
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:32 am

RV won and fastest lap as well. That was the big battle and now it is over. woot! Wish Stewart (its too cold) had stayed in it because we won't see them go at it at Vegas. Rv will just look to be in the top 5. Ah well maybe next year there will be more RV vs. Stewart head to head.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:02 pm

Sad to see Stewart is out of it now, I can't help but think he's got setup prob's with the bike, he seems to either go over the bars or wash out the front end, this time he did both
I can't feel bad about RV winning races or the championship, anybody but Reed
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:16 pm

Chief_Lee_Visceral wrote:
RV won and fastest lap as well. That was the big battle and now it is over. woot! Wish Stewart (its too cold) had stayed in it because we won't see them go at it at Vegas. Rv will just look to be in the top 5. Ah well maybe next year there will be more RV vs. Stewart head to head.

RV rode great last weekend and we could have had a great head to head if JS would not have, uh, well, crashed!! No way Dungy was going to catch RV and Reed cant stay consistent .. Dungy is consistent but thats about it .. If RV rides like he did this past weekend you would think he is going to take the championship this year no question
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 3:13 pm

James Stewart, the fastest man to hit the planet!
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 3:27 pm

Chief_Lee_Visceral wrote:
James Stewart, the fastest man to hit the planet!

that .. is funny .. I am still laughing as I write this ..

Great racing in Vegas .. really REALLy sucks for Windham .. wrong place wrong time .. freakn JS man .. IMO the best race of the night was West lites, points being so close and all the top in the front of the pack .. had me on the edge of my seat.

so whats up next?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 3:39 pm

Next is AMA Motocross the weekend after next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Supercross Season   2011 Supercross Season - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 Supercross Season
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next