Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Snoqualmie Valley, WA

Go down 
+2
BPG
bonecrusher
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bonecrusher

bonecrusher

Snoqualmie Valley, WA Empty
PostSubject: Snoqualmie Valley, WA   Snoqualmie Valley, WA EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:43 am

Today was sunny and 60's, which was the first really nice day we have had this Spring, so I decided to get out on the new '08 Yamaha WR250X I bought last month.

I headed out from my house on the Issaquah Plateau, dropped down into Fall City and continued on to Snoqualmie Falls. I wanted to stop and take a look, but there were tons of people out enjoying the day.

I took a left onto Mill Pond Rd. at the top of the Falls and made a nice slow loop around Borst Lake. The lake was named after Jeremiah Borst who settled there in 1858. Snoqualmie History I stopped along the way and took some pictures of a few of the many pieces of history that dot this landscape. Enjoy.

Old railroad bridge.

Snoqualmie Valley, WA P4050206

Snoqualmie Valley, WA P4050207

Borst lake with a view of the old Snoqualmie Lumber Mill in the background.

Snoqualmie Valley, WA P4050200

My new bike and some small hills.

Snoqualmie Valley, WA P4050204-1

I rode around the lake to the old mill and took a few pics. The whole area is owned by Weyerhaeuser now and they closed all of it off, so this was as close as I could get.

Snoqualmie Valley, WA P4050191

Snoqualmie Valley, WA P4050194

This building was HUGE!

Snoqualmie Valley, WA P4050198

Have not been able to find any info on this gentleman, so any help would be appreciated.

Snoqualmie Valley, WA P4050196

I left the lake and headed into the city of Snoqualmie to take a look at the historic railroad.

Crossed this cool little one lane bridge...

Snoqualmie Valley, WA P4050210

...and found this on the other side. The business was Est. in 1976.

Snoqualmie Valley, WA P4050213

Headed out to Railroad Ave and started back towards downtown.

Snoqualmie Valley, WA P4050214

Snoqualmie Valley, WA P4050215

Snoqualmie Valley, WA P4050216

Snoqualmie Valley, WA P4050218

Snoqualmie Valley, WA P4050219

Almost home. A view up the Carnation Valley with a small view of Mt. Baker.

Snoqualmie Valley, WA P4050222

What a great little ride and a nice way to start the day before work tonight.

Thanks for looking,

Brad
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

PostSubject: Re: Snoqualmie Valley, WA   Snoqualmie Valley, WA EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:11 pm

nice pics and report!
Back to top Go down
Chadx

PostSubject: Re: Snoqualmie Valley, WA   Snoqualmie Valley, WA EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:12 pm

bonecrusher wrote:

Snoqualmie Valley, WA P4050196

His website is right there. www.arren. I didn't think they had the world wide web in 1921, so maybe he just had the forsight to reserve his domain name in advance. Ha.

Great ride report and interesting images. I have relatives in Snoqualmie but I haven't had a chance to visit since they've been there. Since I'm in MT now, I hope to make the run over there this summer to visit, ride, and hike.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Snoqualmie Valley, WA   Snoqualmie Valley, WA EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 7:20 pm

Nice ride there. I believe I know where that bridge is, just never stopped to look at it. Cool.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Snoqualmie Valley, WA   Snoqualmie Valley, WA EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 7:24 pm

thumb Been ages since I've been thru that neck of the woods.

drater

PostSubject: Re: Snoqualmie Valley, WA   Snoqualmie Valley, WA EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 6:40 pm

thanks! simply epic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snoqualmie Valley, WA   Snoqualmie Valley, WA Empty

Back to top Go down

Snoqualmie Valley, WA
Page 1 of 1